Orange Splash Screen Needed

Guest Sean Saunders

Guest Sean Saunders

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if someone had the splash screen that comes with the Orange SPV M3100 which i could install to overwrite the HTC one?

Also, i have used a Orange Cab file to restore settings, but has not reinstalled the homepage or Orange World Pages, how do i restore these.

All i have done is HardSPL Bootloaded the TyTn Rom onto the M3100 and Got my messages back onto the phone after a bit of housework.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

Guest Phil John

Can't help on the splashscreen, but your settings are probably in one of the cabs in your ExtRom.

Search on xda-developers for a method to unlock without needing a sim unlock (or download HTweakC - google it). One of the files will probably have something like PIE in the name, which will be the homepage settings.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DarkWanderer
I found the settings ok thank you!

But i am still lost with this splash screen....any ideas anyone??

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Hi

I found the Orange Homescreen (attatched) on the xda-dev ftp site. I also found what you were looking for: Instructions for changing Splashscreen, see the second attachment. You will however need to aquire a .bmp of the splashscreen you want and a program referred to in the instructions as mtty.exe to upload the splashscreen to the phone.

Hope this helps.

Tim

SPV_M3100_Orange_Homescreen.CAB

Hermes_SplashScreen_Pack.zip

Hi

I found the Orange Homescreen (attatched) on the xda-dev ftp site. I also found what you were looking for: Instructions for changing Splashscreen, see the second attachment. You will however need to aquire a .bmp of the splashscreen you want and a program referred to in the instructions as mtty.exe to upload the splashscreen to the phone.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Changing the splash screen is a little less painful (IMHO) than getting involved with mTTY.exe - once you've found the bitmap you want (you need two in actual fact, one @ 240x240 and one @ 320x240 - portrait and landscape respectively), just follow the guide written by MrVanx HERE.

I can't help with the splashscreen bitmap, I'm afraid - you might be lucky enough to locate one via Google?

Cheers,

Mark.

Guest Sean Saunders
Hi

Hope this helps.

Tim

Absolutely spot on, thank you SO much! Ill give it a bash and see what it looks like!

Also, is this the thing that comes up with you first turn the phone on.... I.E Where at the moment it says HTC and then Windows Mobile on the next screen?