UPDATE available in DK!!!

Guest Lojt

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest emsoftsys

Just done the rom update with no problems but as mentioned above the gprs settings are altered from the uk ones. Can somebody help me out by posting the uk gprs settings, in my haste I forgot to note them down

Guest frijj2k

Im gonna try it now.... but i dont have a spare SD or MMC card to backup onto and I'm assuming that the 8mb card isnt big enough.

Will somebody create a rom backup of there old phone just after a hard reset so that i and others could download it if everything was to go arse up.

I would then be willing to buy a new card. ;-)

Dave

Im wondering if i restore IPSM from the canary menu from my SD card will it give me back all my old settings? but then registry will probably be different!

DJ Hope

DJ, let us know if you try, I was thinking about this after I de-cert the phone.

What we really want is access to the ROM to be able to permantly replace the files, but I have no idea how to do that.

Right - instructions for ROM backup to SD! I've done this using a 64mb card.

I'd advise you to do this after doing a hard reset because it stores the stuff at the time of backup as the ROM it hard resets to. In other words, if you backup to SD while having the KylieXP theme, restoring from the SD card means that every time you hard reset after that, you'll hard reset to the time when you have the KylieXP theme, unless you install an update.

This means that if Orange or someone asks you to hard reset, you won't be able to in the way you do now unless the SD card is created immediately after a hard reset.

When the phone is off:

1) Insert SD card.

2) Hold down power and "voice recorder" buttons - those used to go to hard reset.

3) Hold down the action key when asked

4) When the grey Canary Diag boot screen loads, highlight Save All (the first option) and press the action key.

It'll format your SD card and will take several minutes. Let it do its job.

Once finished, press the left key twice and select End (3).

Remove the SD card.

WARNING

If you boot into the Canary Diag screen with that SD card in the phone, it will ask you to press the action key to download from the SD.

Pushing the action key on this occasion will restore your phone's bootloader, IPSM, GSM and CE to what it was when you backed up the SD card.

DO NOT PULL OUT THE SD CARD OR SWITCH OFF YOUR PHONE IF YOU HAVE DONE THIS. LIVE THROUGH IT.

If you want to go to the Canary Diag menu with the backup containing SD card, wait and you'll see the "Hold action key to enter Diag" menu in a couple of seconds.

Guest frijj2k

I gone ahead and done it without backing up to SD first (Coz i aint got one big enough)

Still waiting to see if it worked but my question is..

Is there anyway to restore the old rom now (I.e. is it possible to download the image of the net.. copy to SD and reflash?)

If not i can get a card and copy my m8s SPV rom image but thats hassle.

Cheerz

Dave

Is there anyway to restore the old rom now (I.e. is it possible to download the image of the net.. copy to SD and reflash?)

You'll have to find somewhere to get the image from first, amd it's unlikely you'll be able to.

Im wondering if i restore IPSM from the canary menu from my SD card will it give me back all my old settings? but then registry will probably be different!

DJ Hope

Yeah, everything right down to your contacts is restored. (I did Save and Load All).

GPRS Settings

For anyone needing GPRS settings, I think it's appropriate to repost them on this thread.

The Access Point for Internet GPRS and WAP GPRS is "orangeinternet". Leave everything else blank.

The Access Point for Orange MMS is "orangemms".

Guest frijj2k

GUH!!!

Just had a thought!!! I forgot to write my settings down! :oops:

GPRS, SMS, MMS etc......

can somebody please post all relevant UK settings.

THANK YOU!!! :-)

damn I just did the upgrade, but first time it started up all the menu`s was danish, then it crached, and now is all english ;)

It didn't crash.

Did you plug in ActiveSync?

ASync seems to change the language to English, and then restarts the phone...

GUH!!!

Just had a thought!!! I forgot to write my settings down!  :oops:  

GPRS, SMS, MMS etc......

can somebody please post all relevant UK settings.

THANK YOU!!! :-)

SMS settings are fine.

MMS and GPRS are in my post above.