UPDATE available in DK!!!

Guest Lojt

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have a problem when trying to unlock the phone... Since I've installed the update, my phone passes through the blue screen waaaay too quick for my activesync to connect and letting me copy the files.... Anyone got the same problem or a solution?????

Guest frijj2k

Arrrgghh....

Installed the update.. went in ok.

But now my phone is REALLY SLOOOOOOOW!!!!

The screen redraws a line of pixels a time!!!!!

What am i gonna do now?!?! (Back to the 3310?) :shock:

Dave

I also have a problem when trying to unlock the phone... Since I've installed the update, my phone passes through the blue screen waaaay too quick for my activesync to connect and letting me copy the files.... Anyone got the same problem or a solution?????

In my case, the blue screen was slow, but the files were VERY slow to copy across.

The cert hack still worked, even though the files didn't finish copying until I got to the homescreen.

YEAAAAAAHH, installed update, restored IPSM ONLY and now my phone has the latest version and is EXACTLY the way it was before the update!

BEAUTTTTTTTTTIFUL

DJHOPE

I found that if you increase the processes of Activesync and WCE driver through Task Manager it can help in the copying of files across part of the process.

I hiked mine upto Realtime, this was on a 1.6GHz, half gig mem, XP machine, it was stable as well, which is usually the reason not to mess with this function. Increased the amount of time it took for AS to find the device.

Just to confirm

Old version numbers are:

Version 3.00(build 12255)

radio version 1.10.00

Rom update versions:

operator 1.1.6.0

Manufacturer 1.1.6.0

Microsoft 3.0.12255.0

language 1.1.6.0

file system 3.0.12255.0

New version numbers are:

Radio version 1.23.00

Rom update versions:

operator 1.3.3.2

Manufacturer 1.3.3.22

Microsoft 3.0.12255.0

language 1.3.3.2

file system 3.0.12255.0

NO s*** PRESSING THE KEYS DOSNT MAKE YOUR BACKLIGHT COME ON ;)

Anyways its definately worth it if you have a backup since you can upgrade and keep everything the same,

Simply do this (after the update)

1- When inserting backup MMC/SD card and it says "Download info" etc, press the power button,

2- then hold action key to enter diag mode,

3- their should now be an option that says "LOAD IPSM"

4- rejoyce your phone is now identical to how it was + new upgrade :lol:

NOTE: when you go to LOAD IPSM, it comes up with a new menu that says select file and load, firstly i thought this was nonsense so i reset it (mistake) it sorta restored half of the IPSM and was well and truely badword, so remember this AFTER LOAD IPSM YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT TO SAY PASSED!

SORTED PEOPLE

DJ HOPE

Right just restored IPSM to original state - cheers DJHope!

Can someone with a updated SPV please tell me where the shortcuts to Photo Manager and Sound Manager link to?

Cheers.

OK, installed Danish Update. Phone seems better, not tried to unlock it yet

As people have noticed, All data connection settings gprs/wap/mms are set for Denmark not UK

All orange favourites/contacts are for denmark

Only four language settings, no UK ENGLISH! only US.

Standard Home settings page is called Orange DK Full not UK or just Orange Full

Now could we change the provisioning files so all these settings are correct using the unlock procedure

However I don't have my old provisioning files from the old update. Wonder if somebody could donate there's so we could unlock and regionalise the phone back to UK all in one go

Saves us going through the menu's especially as I don't have the old settings. These settings can easily be found in the old provisioning files

Shaks

It's not the language thing that's driving me nuts... It's the un-certing thing... No matter what I do I still end up at the "Enter PIN"-screen when ActiveSync pics up....

OH and another great thing about this method YOU CAN USE THAT SODDING 8MB MEMORY CARD TO BACKUP IPSM ;)

NOTE: It also keeps SPV in uncert since it backs up the IPSM which contains the registry :lol:

DJ HOPE

I really will have to write up a backing up guide if pauls willing to STICKY it ;)

DJ HOPE

PS: Backing up is definately the way togo you dont loose ANY SETTINGS, HOMESCREENS, RINGTONES, NOTHING, AND IT KEEPS THE LANGUAGE TO ENGLISH :lol:

PPS: sorry for my shouting super excited :lol: