UPDATE available in DK!!!

Guest Lojt

Guest aponia1

Guys I updated my UK SPV with the danish version but of course I have lost the GPRS settings. Although I have put them back on (APN:orange internet etc.) I still cannot connect with internet explorer or MSN Messenger. Any ideas?

Help!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys I updated my UK SPV with the danish version but of course I have lost the GPRS settings. Although I have put them back on (APN:orange internet etc.) I still cannot connect with internet explorer or MSN Messenger. Any ideas?

Help!

Deleted the DNS servers?

Cheers Shaks.

muuude: Have you tried restoring IPSM?

Guest jtsaint

For UK people - my phone autmatically reset after I loaded it the first time. It didnt go near the cradle just did it automatically and set the language to English. Dont worry still works though

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
I also have a problem when trying to unlock the phone... Since I've installed the update, my phone passes through the blue screen waaaay too quick for my activesync to connect and letting me copy the files....

Same here mate, far too quick to get the .provxml files in.....

Guest aponia1
Deleted the DNS servers?

Yes I did. It says Dialling on the top bar and the small g is on top of the signal bars but no connection to the internet or the messenger.

definately faster however orange update/orange backup are now defunct!

DJ Hope

Might need to change the registry for that - the URLs are probably different for different countries, in the middle of trying to backup to SD on another phone, which doesn't want to go well.

Guest jtsaint

As far as unlocking the Updated phone goes ...

I had no problem doing this whatsoever. I waited for the sim lock screen and copied the files. It took a while - just wait until the copy is finished. Then enter the unlock code.

Easy - the update does make the phone quicker

Lots of new stuff in the data connections

Used to have Orange CSD under dial up now there is now three other settings types.

Guest spacecowboy6982

All this fromatting sounds really....well....difficult 4 a newbie like myself...i kinda knackered my fone anyways doing a hard reset and deleting all the ipsm so now it jumps straight to the colour canary screen and i have to boot it up from there - :cry: no more games :cry:

Any1 got an idea for whe nthis UK updates coming out and do they post it on the orange website or can u access them through orange update ??

Cheers

Space Cowboy

Fixed it now, just need 2 install the newer version of gnuboy - unsure f which 1 it is ??

Guest frijj2k

Right....

I got internet working ok.... but i would like to know what ALL the settings were for ALL the connections.

I've not tried it, but it looks like MMS will not work as the address is mms.orange.dk.

Could somebody who hasnt put the update on his/her phone please jot down all the settings for all the connections...... and then post.

It would be a great help as i would like to keep a copy.

Thank you in advance.

Dave

Hi, anybody got their old mxip_oem_10.provxml and mxipcold_oem_10.provxml files from before the update. These files have all the settings for data connections, favourites and other regional settings in them which could help me convert the phone to be more UK then DK

If somebody is willing to send them to me I'd much appreciate it. I didn't back my provxml files up before I updated to the DK update and I'm not too happy about all the Danish Settings.

If somebody could send the files to me (both files are the same when using File compare (FC)) I'd make the edited files available for download from my server

Any help appreciated

Shaks

P.S I'm not sure if I'd just rather restore IPSM Data (even though i didn't back it up!) as I may be losing something that the Update fixed e.g. registry settings, program settings etc.

Guest frijj2k

I'm going through the Danish provxml and the English provxml files and looking for differences....

Might try doing a hard reset with english xml's if they are same (apart from browser favourites...)

Dave

Guest jtsaint

muude you must plug it into cradle when the SMARTPHONE 2002 screen appears.

Active Sync will mess around a bit asking about partnerships - ignore it. As soon as the async symbol goes green start trying to copy the files.

- Having a bit of trouble with the setting.

I used the old prov files anyway and they did not bring any of the old data connection settings.

What we need is:

Internet CSD

Orange CSD

MMS Setup (all stuff there)