T Mobile GPRS settings needed.

Guest elhornet

Guest elhornet

Hi guys,

I upgraded to WM6 on my Vario 2 and can no longer access anything online.

What are the settings I need to put in to make this work? Can't view web or connect to Agile ;)

Thanks!

Guest FrankyG
Nice one guys, thanks alot. ;)

Can you download POP3 Mail?

I've got Schaps 3.60 WM6 ROM on my Vario II and it's refusing to download pop mail now. I've also applied the suggested cab but still no difference.

For full details have a look HERE I hope someone can help with this, as getting my email on my device is a main requirement.

Thanks,

FrankyG

Guest UndeadDevil
I've got Schaps 3.60 WM6 ROM on my Vario II and it's refusing to download pop mail now. I've also applied the suggested cab but still no difference.

You ran the startup network wizard didn't you! It creates a proxy that blocks almost everything, use the above cab and it may sort it.

Also 3.60 is awfull, go back to 3.54b!

Guest jim.mason
Can you download POP3 Mail?

For full details have a look HERE I hope someone can help with this, as getting my email on my device is a main requirement.

Thanks,

FrankyG

I've got Black Satin on mine and can receive but cant send - will have to have a look around and see if there is a fix somewhere.

Cheers

Jim

Guest FrankyG
I've got Black Satin on mine and can receive but cant send - will have to have a look around and see if there is a fix somewhere.

Cheers

Jim

You know that you have to set the outgoing mail server to smtp.t-email.co.uk (For t-mobile network in my case) and NOT the SMTP server of your regular ISP?

Regards,

FrankyG

Guest jim.mason
You know that you have to set the outgoing mail server to smtp.t-email.co.uk (For t-mobile network in my case) and NOT the SMTP server of your regular ISP?

Regards,

FrankyG

Very strange, I found that elsewhere and tried it but still the same :wub: - so I decided to remove the account and then recreate it and using this new smtp works fine ;)

Cheers for the pointer

Jim

Guest FrankyG
You ran the startup network wizard didn't you! It creates a proxy that blocks almost everything, use the above cab and it may sort it.

Also 3.60 is awfull, go back to 3.54b!

What problems did you have with 3.60? I never actually used 3.54b - I was on 3.57a which was pretty good. It was only because I had to hard reset I thought I would try the latest and not so greatest!

I did use that cab which does remove the proxy but still no pop mail. everything else is fine. PITA ;)

--EDIT --

It's working for me now! I went back into the mail settings and once more set it to connect using 'T-mobile Internet' rather than 'The Internet' and it worked. Wierd, as I had tried all combinations quite a few times. Wouldn't mind hearing what problems you had with 3.60 though....

Cheers...

FrankyG

Edited by FrankyG