Pc not recognizing phone

Guest FlAcOs

Guest FlAcOs

Hi everybody! I have a MPX220 and I can´t connect it with the PC, I have already installed the activesync program but when I connect the phone with the computer using the USB port, the pc say that it is impossible to recognize the device, how can I solve this? thankx

Guest hotdog69

sometimes it wont work. if you try it on another computer or reinstall windows, it'll work perfect. there's too many possiblilities to be sure of what's causing the problem.

if using windows, a quick way to test is to make another account in windows and trying it there.

Edited by hotdog69

Guest genaldar

Occasionally mine wouldn't work but if I disconnected the usb cable then reconnected it it would work ok. If that didn't work moving it to another usb port worked.

Without more information from you there isn't any way of knowing what to try.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest geoffrey118

What I can say regarding the topic is that the USB data cable is quite crappy and this is a usual occurance! It's happened before...in several cases - where the owner just plugs the USB data cable to the PC on one fine day and it won't work anymore!

See my "how to" repair post. This is usually broken solder points on the PCB inside the phone because of how hard you have to push in the USB cable in order for it to click in properly. It also eventually leads to the phone not being able to charge either. I would suggest getting a USB Bluetooth dongle for your PC to connect from now on.

Here's my repair post : Repair "How to" post