Few I600 questions

Guest Rapier

Guest Rapier

Hi all,

I've been using for some time a Orange SPV C500, then a C600 and I was pleased by both. After several months in which I had another phone, I've decided to buy an I600 (Orange branded) cause I missed very much Windows Mobile smartphones. Though, I found out that are some things that differ in the way it can be customised compared to the C600 even if both have WM5.

I put the standard Europe WM5 firmware cause the Orange Branded phones do not have Carousel and I like it very much. I've tried to go with WM6 but even the upgrade finished OK, the phone wasn't working (have some keys stuck), but this is a different issue and I have posted about it in the dedicated "I600 Firmwares here" topic.

One thing is adding new profiles. There is a place in registry where you can add a new profile and you can copy a profile (changing it's name of course) in the Windows folder to start with. I did that but I can only see the new profile in the quick list and in the profiles list in "Settings", but I'm not able to either select or edit it. Is there something else I'm missing?

The tweaks that I used for my old WM5 mobile are still working on I600? I'm talking about looping ringtones, display tweaks related to lightning time out, etc. I didn't have time yet to try and see for myself. Maybe someone has already did that and can tell me what can or cannot be done.

Are the plugins that I used before for Homescreens compatible? I mean SmartMonitor, Alarm, Facade and so on... The screen is landscape for I600 compared to C600 and I wander if this do not bring any issues (besides the ones that I read already)

Thank you for any info