VoiceAssist STOP

Guest Adam4U

• 3 months later...
Guest DieSendung
Anyone knows about a way to DISABLE or REMOVE VoiceAssist from SGH-i600?

VoiceAssist used to start up automatically when I (accidentally) pushed the button of my BT device. This had undesirable effects as you can imagine. I recall several unintented calls to my boss or even the dean of my former university. So I decided that it was time to get rid of VoiceAssist (which is a lame application anyway).

My solution to the problem:

This requires a minor registry hack (Mind you, registry modification CAN have UNdesirable effects!! Performing this modification and the (un)intented effects are YOUR OWN responsibility)

1. Use a registry modification tool such as PHM Registry Editor.

2. Find: VoiceRecognition (Part of AudioGateway registry key)

3. Edit the string data of the "VoiceRecognition" key

4. Remove Value Data ("VoiceAssist") in the string (this will result in an empty string)

5. Exit PHM Registry Editor

6. Reboot (turn off/on) device.

From this point on, pressing the BT button will not result in starting up VoiceAssist anymore.

Good Luck

• 2 months later...
VoiceAssist used to start up automatically when I (accidentally) pushed the button of my BT device. This had undesirable effects as you can imagine. I recall several unintented calls to my boss or even the dean of my former university. So I decided that it was time to get rid of VoiceAssist (which is a lame application anyway).

My solution to the problem:

This requires a minor registry hack (Mind you, registry modification CAN have UNdesirable effects!! Performing this modification and the (un)intented effects are YOUR OWN responsibility)

1. Use a registry modification tool such as PHM Registry Editor.

2. Find: VoiceRecognition (Part of AudioGateway registry key)

3. Edit the string data of the "VoiceRecognition" key

4. Remove Value Data ("VoiceAssist") in the string (this will result in an empty string)

5. Exit PHM Registry Editor

6. Reboot (turn off/on) device.

From this point on, pressing the BT button will not result in starting up VoiceAssist anymore.

Good Luck

Where can I find the AudioGateway registry key??