Best Satnav software for i600?

Guest skimber

Guest skimber

Hi All,

What sat nav software is everyone using on their i600? I've heard varying reports of Route66.

Ideally I'd like Tomtom as I could then also use it if I get a Kaiser when my free upgrade comes round in a couple of months... but I don't think there's a smartphone version and I believe it's locked to a MiniSD card (?)

Any recommendations?

Simon

Guest chucky.egg

I use R66 which is generally "fine" (no better IMO)

For some reason I have to "click" the icon twice to make it load. It's a tad slow loading with a BT GPS. Since reinstalling the other day I've had several lock-ups which if you don't notice can make you miss a turn!

I'm thinking of a device (poss Kaiser) with GPS built-in, or a stand-alone sat nav box (poss a R66 one) because the biggest pain is the battery drain on the I600.

• 1 month later...

Better for me is TomTom6 ;)

But i haven't used it for a long time (I have my samsung i600 only since las thursday) so my opinion is based upon my experiences with tomtom in other previous devices (PPC and N70) that seemed to me a lot better than Route 66

Edited by Aresito

• 4 weeks later...

neither tomtom 5 or route 66 have support for the qwerty keyboard on the i600! Not sure if Tomtom 6 does, but last time I looked it was not available for mobiles!