Annoying XT9 !!! How to switch it off ?

Guest Axl_Warlock

Guest Axl_Warlock

I don't need XT9, while I'm using keyboard. So, when I'm swithching language, I need to go to menu 2 times: 1rst time to switch language, and 2nd time - to switch mode from XT9 to ABC mode!

And another thing- TX9 stops me, when it doesn't understand words.....

This all is quite annoying, so I'm looking for the way, how to disable it, or make "ABC" choice to be default after switching language ;)

Guest Disco Stu

I guess you need to switch language to get special characters in abc mode.

I don't know of any way of setting abc as default but at least it stays in that mode until you switch language.

Even worse, there is no known way of making xT9 useful ;)

Guest Axl_Warlock
I guess you need to switch language to get special characters in abc mode.

I don't know of any way of setting abc as default but at least it stays in that mode until you switch language.

Even worse, there is no known way of making xT9 useful ;)

I'm Russian user, so, I'm often switching from russian to english (for URLs and so on), and back......

So, as I understood, there is no way to switch off this XT9 feature ??? :wub: :D :D

• 10 months later...
Guest JZ SmartMort
I'm Russian user, so, I'm often switching from russian to english (for URLs and so on), and back......

So, as I understood, there is no way to switch off this XT9 feature ??? :D :D :angry:

Here you go guys... read the following:

T9 has some superior functions particularly for SmartPhones than xT9. I grabbed T9 files from WM5 HTC (StarTrek-fairly common drivers) and the registry entry so this CAB should work for all HTC SmartPhones and probably others. The CAB will disable xT9 and activate the older T9 obtained from WM5.

THE LINK EXPLAINING TO HOW THIS CAME ABOUT AND THE MAJOR T9/xT9 DIFFERENCE FOR ME

THE LINK TO THE CAB

Edited by JZ SmartMort