RAZR charger on an 8525??

Guest upjeeper

Guest upjeeper

i've got several RAZR chargers sitting around from my old phone. They output 5v at 550mA while my 8525 charger is 5v @ 1A. I think that means the RAZR charger will just charge my 8525 slower. But i'm concerned there are smart features on the razr chargers telling it when to shut off.

any idea if this will work? maybe i should just spend the $50 or whatever for another 8525 charger.

man that thing is bad on batteries...

Guest Mike Channon
i've got several RAZR chargers sitting around from my old phone. They output 5v at 550mA while my 8525 charger is 5v @ 1A. I think that means the RAZR charger will just charge my 8525 slower. But i'm concerned there are smart features on the razr chargers telling it when to shut off.

any idea if this will work? maybe i should just spend the $50 or whatever for another 8525 charger.

man that thing is bad on batteries...

I advise you not to use non standard chargers. (Except occasionally and for short periods). The current draw is a problem with some and over-heating the charger is possible. The pin-outs of non TyTn /8525 based chargers is often different in terms of the earthing connections. The 8525 uses the earth pins to trigger certain events for both charging and handsfree accessories. Typical responses observed from non standard chargers include a refusal to charge more than once without a subsequent soft reset. So for example if you plug it in it will charge but if you pull it out and then in again it MAY not charge until reset.

Mike