IFA Berlin: LG Pocket PC becomes official

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Shuflie
Is that battery capacity correct?? If so, thats pretty scant for a wm device running at 400mhz. ;)

Given the weight with battery attached its probably not far off, perhaps LG have been able to save watts somewhere else. Or maybe it just going to have to be a sacrifice you need to make to have such a small, powerful device.

Guest HerpezP
Funnily enough PDADB list this one as having GPS - NMEA.

Surely some mistake?

That's probably because it's based on the same (and soon common for WM phones, I guess) Qualcomm MSM7200 chipset. It has an integrated GPS chip, but as far as I know LG has not enabled it. I don't know whether the final LG KS20 will ship with a GPS antenna, but I know LG had problems getting the GPS to be stable enough. If an antenna is integrated, it might be possible to enable the GPS in a future update and/or with some software hack.

Edited by HerpezP

The specs for this phone look really good! And visually, it looks great.

I have never owned a touchscreen before. As it has no buttons, can anyone tell me what its like trying to write a text message on it?

After an incredible amount of MSN I can type 3/4 the speed of a normal keyboard with a stylus and the standard keyboard on WM.

The biggest problem is though, texting when you're walking...it's quite difficult and you have to use two hands which makes it quite annoying, and texting outside in general as a lot of PPC screens are difficult to see in sunlight. There are programs such as Phonepad, which is basically an onscreen T9 keyboard, or SPB Full Screen Keyboard which you can use your thumbs with if they're quite small.

So yeah, that's my experience.

Guest magic_peanuts
or people like me... get the kaiser as my main phone and the LG as my second ;)

Pigo

Yep, I'm in the 2 phone category as well, personal and business. This would make an ideal personal phone. Currently using an N95 (yuck!)

Guest Transform
After an incredible amount of MSN I can type 3/4 the speed of a normal keyboard with a stylus and the standard keyboard on WM.

The biggest problem is though, texting when you're walking...it's quite difficult and you have to use two hands which makes it quite annoying, and texting outside in general as a lot of PPC screens are difficult to see in sunlight. There are programs such as Phonepad, which is basically an onscreen T9 keyboard, or SPB Full Screen Keyboard which you can use your thumbs with if they're quite small.

So yeah, that's my experience.

Thanks for answering my question. It could pose a problem as I use my phone for texting mostly, however I have found there aren't any new and upcoming smartphones out there anymore which it which I was looking at a touch screen.

Guest HerpezP

1050 mAh battery (and not 800 mAh as rumors indicated):

http://nordic.lge.com/sv/about/press_relea...NU_5502_1.jhtml

No mention of WiFi, even though a WiFi option is clearly visibly on some of the official pictures of the device. Could be because LG will launch two versions (one with and one without WiFi - for operators), and won't state anything official on that matter yet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.