SPV M3100 warranty?

Guest f3nd3r

Guest f3nd3r

Hi guys,

My contract is up for renewal for my M3100 next month and Orange are offering me an upgrade but i do not want to upgrade. I am quite happy with the M3100. The only issue i have is a few keys on the QWERTY do not work all the time so if i was to renew my contract i would prefer a replacement M3100. Orange say that because i have no insurance i will have to pay for it to be repaired but surely the handset is covered by at least a 1 year standard warranty?

Guest jchamier
surely the handset is covered by at least a 1 year standard warranty?

Yes, assuming you bought as a private individual from a shop, or online, the seller has to honour a 1 year warranty. That may include you having to be without the unit for a 'reasonable time' whilst it is repaired. - Sale of Goods Act, as revised.

However if you are near your 12 month contract (or 18month?) you'll be out of the statutory 1 year. After that you need to find out if there is a longer warranty, offered by the retailer or the network.

Orange may be right, but don't assume they are, many people have left due to crap information from CS, and crap tarrifs. (like me, was with orange for 12 years)