8525 losing usb connection when doing HTC ROM update

Guest upjeeper

Guest upjeeper

i downloaded the new ROM from HTC's web site (http://www.america.htc.com/support/8525/software-downloads.html) and when i follow directions the active sync connection works, until i initiate the ROM update program. Then my 8525 breaks the connection with windows. i've done a reset of both my computer and phone.

thanks for your help guys/gals

Guest crazyc
i downloaded the new ROM from HTC's web site (http://www.america.htc.com/support/8525/software-downloads.html) and when i follow directions the active sync connection works, until i initiate the ROM update program. Then my 8525 breaks the connection with windows. i've done a reset of both my computer and phone.

thanks for your help guys/gals

Have you unticked the Enhanced Networking option under USB connections on the PPC?

yup, both. thanks for the advice though

ok. are you upgrading from the original setup or do you have hardspl or a different rom installed already?

are you using vista or xp?

Guest upjeeper
ok. are you upgrading from the original setup or do you have hardspl or a different rom installed already?

are you using vista or xp?

using windows xp

upgrading from the original ROM dated Sept 06.

I emailed HTC and they said try a different computer. Also suggested I upgrade the ROM as that might be the problem. HA HA HA HA...

using windows xp

upgrading from the original ROM dated Sept 06.

I emailed HTC and they said try a different computer. Also suggested I upgrade the ROM as that might be the problem. HA HA HA HA...

i had a similar prob, the cable that came with my phone always cut off i think it was a bit loose in the socket, i now use a very short usb cable that came with my gps and everythings fine, no more disconnecting while transfering

i had a similar prob, the cable that came with my phone always cut off i think it was a bit loose in the socket, i now use a very short usb cable that came with my gps and everythings fine, no more disconnecting while transfering

I thnk one of my sync cables is dodgy too - also, try and different USB port on the computer.