My Htc Dash Is Dead!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest joabel

hi everyone,

i've got this problem for a while, you see i got this DASH from my cousin who sent it to me and told me to buy a new battery because thew old one was crash so i bought one on ebay and it arrived a few days ago.

but the battery has 3.7v so its full but the phone doesn't seem to turn on, it won't turn on. don't have idea of what going on.

even while charging it doesn't show signal of being alive, neither the screen nor the led turn on.

if anybody has any idea

Guest awarner (MVP)

Ask your cousin for some more details about the phone for example has he tried flashing the ROM and had problems? if this is the case then he may have killed the device and the only option would be to send it to the manufacturer or supplier to be repaired.

If the battery is compatable and all connections etc look good then it may not be a power issue but rather a software or hardware problem.

Leave the charger pluged into the phone for some time to see if it does start to charge.

The other thing to check is to see if the phone is still covered by a warranty?

Ask your cousin for some more details about the phone for example has he tried flashing the ROM and had problems? if this is the case then he may have killed the device and the only option would be to send it to the manufacturer or supplier to be repaired.

If the battery is compatable and all connections etc look good then it may not be a power issue but rather a software or hardware problem.

Leave the charger pluged into the phone for some time to see if it does start to charge.

The other thing to check is to see if the phone is still covered by a warranty?

I paid US$18.00 for the battery and the battery cover....cheap :eek:

you know that can be the problem because after i received the battery I went to a cell phone store in order to get a charger but when the guy plugged in the phone it doesn't show anything, neither led nor screen went on. then he used a charger without pins so he could charge the battery directly ahd so he did. I didn't pay attention to the fact that it hadn't passed 5 minutes when the battery was at 3.7v from supposedly be new without any charge..... :goodness:

Guest greenturtle

Hmm

@ awarner you've killed a device before, even if the the devices bootloader has been corrupted and the phone is dead, don't you still get either an LED or a screen that goes white when you try to power it on?

Guest awarner (MVP)

Not always, depending how you have killed the device some will power up with a white screen only and other will just sit there and do nothing. Sometimes when this happens it's possible to enter the bootloader.

My cousin only told me that he had a fight or a discussion a mean with his girlfriend and the phone was like a boy in the middle. but it was only the battery and the battery cover that were broke. No it hasn't warranty (too bad) and i haven't known yet if he tried to flash it cuz i had to work and hadn't time to stay more time talking with him.

I took the phone to a repair store there they told me that it could be a software problem that it can be needed to put the Dash's software, upgrade a software or the generic software or something like that but that they haven't this service anymore but anyway I left the phone so they could do a physical exam of the phone, just to know, because if it's not a physical problem the we know it's SOFTWARE.......

Tomorrow I'll let U know what's happening......

Edited by joabel

My cousin only told me that he had a fight or a discussion a mean with his girlfriend and the phone was like a boy in the middle. but it was only the battery and the battery cover that were broke. No it hasn't warranty (too bad) and i haven't known yet if he tried to flash it cuz i had to work and hadn't time to stay more time talking with him.

I took the phone to a repair store there they told me that it could be a software problem that it can be needed to put the Dash's software, upgrade a software or the generic software or something like that but that they haven't this service anymore but anyway I left the phone so they could do a physical exam of the phone, just to know, because if it's not a physical problem the we know it's SOFTWARE.......

Tomorrow I'll let U know what's happening......

Edited by joabel

Not always, depending how you have killed the device some will power up with a white screen only and other will just sit there and do nothing. Sometimes when this happens it's possible to enter the bootloader.

You mean that it can be run the BootLoader to revival ma phone.... I searched for the bootloader and tha PIC and the dash,etc, I found some things, but can it work with the phone like this without being turned off???

HAVE SOMEONE EVER REVIVED This pohne or any of the HTC's phones....

I don't know just asking can this work??

http://www.modaco.com/Hard-Reset-Dash-t252963.html

OK. now the phone was checked in the place I took it to, and there's no physical damage. so I believe it's a software problem, any SUGGESTIONS?????????

I also asked if the phone looked like if it was open before and they said No, so The phone is in great shape, physically talking....

?????????????????/HELP!!!!!!