HTC TyTN II - UK AC Adapter in USA

Guest Tones@

I'm in the USA, and I'm considering buying a TyTN II from MobilePlanet.com. However, it states the following:

"Please note: This product features a UK AC adapter, we will deliver it with a US power plug"

Does anyone know if this just a PLUG converter, or does the voltage have to be converted? Or in other words, is it possible just to obtain a USA AC adapter and directly use this without having to use the UK AC adapter with the converter?

Tony

Edited by Tones@

Guest jjimenezjj

What the hell did I just DO!!! :wub: Everytime I hit the spacebar while trying to write, it kept replying... ;)

Anyway, back to what I was trying to say... You could always ask this same question to the Kaiser-selling site and Im sure they will answer it for you. Remember, you could always recharge it through the USB link to a computer :D

Im guessing it will be just a plug and not a converter.

John J:)

P.S. Im sorry about all that mess above :D

Edited by jjimenezjj

Sounds like you are going through MobilePlanet as well :wub: You could just ask this same

Boy that's a lot of replies with no answer. ;) :D

Mobileplanet.com does not yet have a forum for the TyTN II, and since it's Saturday, they probably won't answer emails for a while. I was hoping someone here knew.

Tony

Guest nuttyphilt

The majority of mobile chargers these days are multi-voltage so all it'll probably be is a plug convertor. The charger itself will take care of any voltage converting.

Guest matt sb
The majority of mobile chargers these days are multi-voltage so all it'll probably be is a plug convertor. The charger itself will take care of any voltage converting.

So does this mean that you can go out any buy a standard miniUSB charger and use it to charge the Tytn II without lugging around the UK converter? Thanks

So are you saying I can just buy a USA AC charger for HTC phones and directly plug it into the TyTN II, and then not have to use the UK charger with the USA plug adapter? And if that WAS the case, I'm wondering why Mobileplanet just doesn't suppy this US charger directly instead of the UK charger / US adapter combo?

BTW - my concern is carrying around a bulky AC adapter combo as well as having a EXTRA one that I can use at work.

Tony

Guest nuttyphilt
So does this mean that you can go out any buy a standard miniUSB charger and use it to charge the Tytn II without lugging around the UK converter? Thanks

Generally yes. With the caveat that the original Tytn had some problems with non-HTC chargers. For example, I have 2 different mini USB car chargers (both non-HTC) - one of them works, one of them doesn't. There's numerous threads about this on here and XDA devs.

If you buy a mini USB cable with the aim of charging it from different PCs then this will be fine.

Hopefully this problem will be fixed with the Tytn II though.... <_<

Guest nuttyphilt
So are you saying I can just buy a USA AC charger for HTC phones and directly plug it into the TyTN II, and then not have to use the UK charger with the USA plug adapter? And if that WAS the case, I'm wondering why Mobileplanet just doesn't suppy this US charger directly instead of the UK charger / US adapter combo?

BTW - my concern is carrying around a bulky AC adapter combo as well as having a EXTRA one that I can use at work.

Tony

Yep, just buy a USA AC charger - that'll work fine (bearing in mind the comments in my previous post about non-HTC chargers.)

Mobileplanet don't supply the US charger because they're probably selling you a UK model which comes with the UK charger in the retail box. If they give you a US charger this is probably more expensive than giving you a US plug adaptor. ;)

Edited by nuttyphilt

Yep, just buy a USA AC charger - that'll work fine (bearing in mind the comments in my previous post about non-HTC chargers.)

Mobileplanet don't supply the US charger because they're probably selling you a UK model which comes with the UK charger in the retail box. If they give you a US charger this is probably more expensive than giving you a US plug adaptor. :wub:

Cool. :D Thanks for the info!! ;)

Tony