Weather app that integrates into a calendar?

Guest michehrlich

Guest michehrlich

I'm looking for a calendar app and a weather app that work together such that the weather forecast is shown by an icon in any given view of the calendar (perhaps a more detailed forecast in the day view, and minimal icons for each day in the week and months views). Does anyone know any apps that can work together in this way? There are so many weather apps out there, and quite a few calendar ones, and I'm surprised that no one seems to have integrated weather into a calendar -- unless I have missed something. Thanks!

Guest chucky.egg

Nice idea

But weather changes all the time - what icon would you show in your calendar for a day that starts rainy then gets sunny?

Several icons would take up space

Perhaps one dynamic icon that shows the next N hours for today, and a generalised one for future days

Nice idea though

Guest michehrlich
Nice idea

But weather changes all the time - what icon would you show in your calendar for a day that starts rainy then gets sunny?

Several icons would take up space

Perhaps one dynamic icon that shows the next N hours for today, and a generalised one for future days

Nice idea though

Just like what most weather services do anyway -- just show one icon for what the weather supposedly is at the moment. If it changes, the icon changes -- there's never an effort to log the whole day with a series of icons. But the main point is of course to have the forecast for future days. Most weather services I've used have found a way to summarise a future day's forecast into a single icon. It's basic information, of course; mostly it's about how sunny or rainy it's going to be and maybe the predicted temp. But that's mostly what people want to know. So there would be one of these icons for every future day for which a forecast is published, and as for changing forecast, well, the icon would just change (the app would sync with the service regularly, of course, like every four hours or so, and change the icons in the calendar as relevant).

Spb's Diary and Weather integrate in the way you're after, with a discreet little icon on each day. See screenshot taken from Spb's site:

post-174863-1188826035_thumb.gif

Plus Spb Diary is awesome!

Guest michehrlich
Spb's Diary and Weather integrate in the way you're after, with a discreet little icon on each day. See screenshot taken from Spb's site:

Plus Spb Diary is awesome!

Thanks Mandt -- I in fact looked at that possibility. Unless I'm mistaken, however, Spb Diary isn't a full Calendar app -- it's more of a today-screen plug-in.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh I see you want the icon when you open the full Calendar......Good idea that :wub:

Fizz Weather works pretty good! Not sure that their product is WM6 compatible though, it wouldn't install on my Alltel PPC6800.

http://www.fizzsoftware.com/products/weather/weather.html

Update: It is WM6 compatible, I just had to use the .cab file installation methond rather then the ActiveSync method. ;)

Edited by geeknik

• 3 weeks later...
Guest birdheh
Thanks Mandt -- I in fact looked at that possibility. Unless I'm mistaken, however, Spb Diary isn't a full Calendar app -- it's more of a today-screen plug-in.

Don't give up on SPB weather. I got it with a package with diary and time and got the weather just as a throw in, but love it. The diary integrates with outlook mobile and can use both or either. Try it.