The official 'I got my TyTN II thread'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest djeikh

Thank you, Karlo,

I really wanted to avoid a hard reset and managed it finally by, actually, changing settings in "external GPS": there are 3 tabs inside the External GPS Control panel; the first one is "programs", the 2nd "Hardware", the 3rd is "Access"; I changed the 2nd tab from a specified GPS hardware port to (None); I changed the 3rd to "Manage GPS automatically" and changed the 1st one from "(None)" for a GPS program port to COM4. That did it.

Now, with GPSViewer.exe, VisualGPSce.exe and GoogleMaps I have no problem anylonger as long as I set their settings to that COM4 port. All is well. I didn't touch the "external GPS" control panel, afraid of screwing up the settings and having to go via a hard reset but in the end it was those settings that helped me fix it.

Thanks everybody

joachim

Hi Joachim.

No, merely opening the external GPS settings should not screw you up....

If you have already modified the settings in the external GPSsettings panel then the consensus seems to be a hard reset is the only way to recover GPS function.

If you are simply having trouble using GPS follow this formula.

Download and install GpsViewer.exe from here:

http://pocketmap.com/accessories/GpsViewer.exe

Open GpsViewer.

select Com Port 'COM4:'

select Baudrate '4800' - should be preselected

select Open GPS

select any of the start buttons.

wait 15-20 seconds and select the GPS status tab at the bottom.

It will help if you are outdoors and not on the bottom floor of a 12 story building.

While the GpsViewer is still running and after you have a good fix - some blue boxes in the status tab - open GoogleMaps and try to use the track location function.

Google maps will often time out before the GPS in the Kaiser can get a good fix.

Good luck.

karlo

Guest mortenandersen

Someone who knows how to make the screen stay light up while making a call (in closed mode). In my experience the light goes automatically off after just some seconds, and I would like the screen to be light under the whole talk, so that I can use it without having to press the button so often to lighten it up again.

Guest mortenandersen
Someone who knows how to make the screen stay light up while making a call (in closed mode). In my experience the light goes automatically off after just some seconds, and I would like the screen to be light under the whole talk, so that I can use it without having to press the button so often to lighten it up again.

I have now tried to search all the built in possibilities of the phone, but have not found a way to make the light on all the time while making a call. Are there some 3rd party program that enables this mode of functioning?

Guest jimbouk

Even if possible, you would be a) using a lot of battery and ;) I wouldnt want the screen on next to my face all the time...

Just flick the D pad down to turn the light on when needed.

Guest mortenandersen
Even if possible, you would be a) using a lot of battery and ;) I wouldnt want the screen on next to my face all the time...

Just flick the D pad down to turn the light on when needed.

Sometimes I need to see the screen all the time for example to select a number (1-9) during a call or for other purposes. So it would have been a clear advantage not to need to push the D pad so many times.

Is there a 3rd party program to set the light constant on?

Guest mortenandersen
Have you tried increasing the time the backlight stays on anyway?

Yes, I tried to uncheck the backlight time box, also. But that part of the menu does not seem to have any impact on the light constant or long time on while making a call. I need to see for instance to see the numbers on the screen when I call my answering machine, which requires some tapping of some numbers to navigate in the menu.

Guest nevawlkalone

woo got my Tytn2 in the form af the Vario 3..love it...just gota get me number ported from o2 and the GS figured out and then ill be away lol

M

Guest NuShrike
Yes, I tried to uncheck the backlight time box, also. But that part of the menu does not seem to have any impact on the light constant or long time on while making a call. I need to see for instance to see the numbers on the screen when I call my answering machine, which requires some tapping of some numbers to navigate in the menu.
Read this thread http://www.modaco.com/content/HTC-Kaiser-K...ll/#entry847270

There was some content on the Wiki, but it seems gone now.

Guest mortenandersen
Read this thread http://www.modaco.com/content/HTC-Kaiser-K...ll/#entry847270

There was some content on the Wiki, but it seems gone now.

Thanks so much for the link. I managed to solve the problem, but I needed some suppport from the technician in the shop to change the registry file.

But I now really now am satisfied with having the screen light on while making a call.

Guest Simston

hi folks,

Tearing my hair out trying to get a htc homescreen for orange branded tytn II. The cool looking one. Any ideas. May also require a basic where/how to install it as new to this.

THanks in anticipation

Simon

Guest jimbouk
hi folks,

Tearing my hair out trying to get a htc homescreen for orange branded tytn II. The cool looking one. Any ideas. May also require a basic where/how to install it as new to this.

THanks in anticipation

Simon

In the usual place...

* coughs XDA

• 1 month later...

I got my TyTN II on an Orange contract yesterday, I know .. late for the party. But this is also my first post here. I love it, I got an unlimited data plan (made sur eof that) and after getting it home, I am still in awe at it. My main grenade in the war on iPhone, currently setting up a slingbox and what not for this bad boy. And there is something so compforting in pressing 1 button for weather forcast, I wont use, I dont need it, but its nice to know I can :( TyTN II > iPhone!

Loaded so far:

Palringo

Yahoo Go 2.0

HTC Home Plugin (because of the Orange branding)

Vspainter LE

If you know any other good little bits, let me know :D

glad to have joined this forum!

Techy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.