The official 'I got my TyTN II thread'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Hightech
@Hightec - There should be a "G" on your SIM as part of its IMEI

@Sonicr360 - Vodafone are bringing this out in the next few weeks as the V1615, if you don't have a 3G card you should be able to get yours swapped for around £10 - £20. I'm not sure if my supplier deals direct to the public, however you could always try as they are UK distributers for HTC have a look at http://www.hughsymons.com/

Yea it say 3G on my SIM card.. Yea can not wait to get the KAiser now...

Guest Hightech
Got mine this morning but I wasn't there to play with it until this afternoon!

post-2168-1188928503_thumb.jpg

post-2168-1188928555_thumb.jpg

I really really Hate all of you that Have a Kaiser already.. Just Kidding guy please post pic.

Thanks

Guest damianbyrne
Hi damianbyrne. Very nice pics! So what accessories did you get with it in the retail boxing?

Hi Nushrike

Accessory wise, not that much really, typical HTC stuff.

• 3 Pin charger
  • Suedette style soft case
  • Headset
  • USB connector
  • Spare stylus

• 2 CDs - Getting Started and Appication Disc containing Sprite Backup, GRPS Monitor and TomTom Navigator 6.
    • Free City Map for TomTom 6
    • Screen scratch protector
    • Read me first booklet
    • User Manual
    • HTC Care contact details
    • Warranty Card
    • Licence terms for Windows Mobile 6
Edited by damianbyrne

Guest damianbyrne
If i bought the tytn2 and gor a 3 uk sim would this work or do 3 work differently to the other networks?

d

David

I believe the 3 Sim won't work as they use Usims rather than the standard sims, AFAIK these sims only work with 3 branded devices.

Might be worth trying though, you never know.

Guest damianbyrne
Hmm, now I'm worrying my old Vario sim card won't provide 3g support ;)

If you don't have a 3G Sim, just call up your provider, it's in their best interest to send you one as you access data a hell of a lot faster (therefore your data usage will be higher), the only way they may not want to do this is if you're on an unlimited data tariff.

Be warned though, if you are on a Pay as you go data package, be VERY careful, I managed to rack up a £300 bill in a month using a 3G sim on a Hermes, apparently this device is 3.5G therefore even faster...

I can go one step better than pictures if you want to check out an unbox video?

http://www.tracyandmatt.co.uk/blogs/index....st_retail_unbox

And yes there is a half decent case included.

Wow very nice...Cant wait to get mine now.

Didn't realize you where the guy from Tracyanmatt.co.uk.

Always love your unboxing vids

Edited by J273

Now thats just showing off :wub: - did you do all that in one take...... lol

Always in one take and most of the time I havent seen the stuff until the video. Some say it's dirty but it's my raw style! ;)

Guest damianbyrne
Always in one take and most of the time I havent seen the stuff until the video. Some say it's dirty but it's my raw style! ;)

There's nothing wrong with dirty and raw. I once had.... (ok not for here)

nice vid though, have you got the GPS working yet, I have updated the QuickGPS but TomTom 6 wont pick the GPS up, I have tried with the only available GPS receivers and COM ports (4 & 7) but nothing, might have to hard reset and try the included TomTom rather than my boxed version.

Guest damianbyrne
Use COM4 @ 4800, DON'T fiddle with any of the settings in 'External GPS'!

P

In that case, erm

Does anyone have the default settings for the "External GPS Settings". It's for a mate of course, not me...

Guest Paul (MVP)

Programs -> GPS Program Port COM4

Hardware -> GPS hardware port 'none', baud rate 4800

Access -> Tick check box.

Somehow i've managed to totally lose GPS before by messing with that stuff, fixed only by a hard reset!

P

Guest Neil5459
David

I believe the 3 Sim won't work as they use Usims rather than the standard sims, AFAIK these sims only work with 3 branded devices.

Might be worth trying though, you never know.

Since January this year, 3 have relaxed their rules on using non-3 sourced phones, and a 3 USIM should work fine in any 3G device. A lot of people use 3 SIMs in Hermes PDA's so it works in principle.

The only stipulations are that the phone must be 3G, and you are not allowed to switch the band to GSM only (GSM services are provided to 3 by O2 and Orange, to whom they pay a license/traffic fee); genuine 3 phones don't allow band switching. If there is no valid 3 signal, then of course its OK to use GSM- keep the setting at 'Auto'

Guest damianbyrne
Does the TYTNII fit in the Orginal Hermes Brodit car holder, anyone know?

Is the USB port in the same place (looks like it from photos...)

Not sure if this helps, but the Tytn II fits into the Carcomm cradle made for the Hermes, so it might fit the Brodit one also.

I arrived at work this morning and was greeted by what have to be the best words I've heard all year, 'Excuse me, I think this parcel is for you', I think its going to be a good day ;)

Guest markeew

Placed my order at 2pm yesterday on www.devicewire.com and even though the website says order before 4pm for next day delivery I am NOT going to receive it today. When I called to ask why their excuse was they don't have enough staff to process all the extra orders created by the demand for TyTn II. Order from this company only if you are in no rush for the device!

Guest travisb
Since January this year, 3 have relaxed their rules on using non-3 sourced phones, and a 3 USIM should work fine in any 3G device. A lot of people use 3 SIMs in Hermes PDA's so it works in principle.

The only stipulations are that the phone must be 3G, and you are not allowed to switch the band to GSM only (GSM services are provided to 3 by O2 and Orange, to whom they pay a license/traffic fee); genuine 3 phones don't allow band switching. If there is no valid 3 signal, then of course its OK to use GSM- keep the setting at 'Auto'

I have a 3 sim performing very happily in an unlocked Palm Treo 750v. Only difference I've spotted is that it goes into roaming mode when out of 3g signal, but I still receive calls quite happily and 3 haven't said anything.

Guest Howiehowie93

Good day,

10:00 ! just as the news started on Radio 2.

Just 18 minutes short of 24 hours from ordering!

been a good day so far!

regards

Howie

post-189985-1188983402_thumb.jpg

post-189985-1188983941_thumb.jpg

Edited by Howiehowie93

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.