Tweak requests?

Guest PaulOBrien

hello guys i am looking for a program and i don't want to start a new topic just for that...

i need a program that i can monitor my lan camera through internet explorer. i tried it but neither OPERA or IE shows me the video of the camera. i think it needs some applet, but it doesn't ask me to download it.

help me plz.

is there a quick fix to stop the installation cab files from being deleted after install? im tired of saving cab files to my storage and installing them and finding them gone when i need to reinstall

try tweaks2k2 and u will find the option there, in the registry hack where it says "Don't delete cabs"

Guest InRBigness

I would really love to be able to get rid of the big real estate hogging digital clock in the HTC plug in. I like the folders for the sms, email and calls missed and even dont mind the tabs to switch to apps like the commanager and favorite people etc but the damn clock is too big and uses too much space.

Guest NuShrike
If you go in to contacts-->menu-->options and check contact names only it hides the sim contacts, at least until you reset your phone that is and then they are all back again.

I want to know why it wont allow me to change the ShowSim registry entry. That kind of horks me off.

Here's my fix for it now. I only wish VS2005 supported generating ARMv6 code so I can make even smaller.

Anyways, drop in the cab, run it, it'll create an app directory and shortcut into the StartUp directory. Run it directly, or it'll run on reboot. It'll zero ShowSim on startup, reset it back to 0 in case one "something" decides to flip it back to one again within the next ~1 minute. Then, it'll quit out.

Designed ONLY for ARMv5T and up.

2007/09/25: fix erroneous win32 registry access when previous ATL regclass use was removed

KaiserSimFix.CAB

Edited by NuShrike

Guest jontelfer
I'm now taking requests ;)

If I pair this with my car kit (Seat/VAG group factory fitted bluetooth), is there any way of controlling the contacts passed over RSAP? When I'm in the car I don't want all contacts listed but a much smaller subset.

Jon

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
is there a quick fix to stop the installation cab files from being deleted after install?

How about...

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cabfile\Shell\Open\Command

Default = wceload.exe "%1" /nodelete

How about...

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cabfile\Shell\Open\Command

Default = wceload.exe "%1" /nodelete

On your PC right click the cab file, go to properties and tick the Read only tab.

Edited by Arcam

Guest dolbe666
That's odd. My Kaiser doesn't do that and I haven't seen that behaviour ever since WM 2003. My cab files are not read-only. ???

sorry for posting that tweak request, i have gone from a wm5 device to a wm6 device and thought it would act the same way. i had not noticed it no longer deleted the cab files after installation. my bad for not checking ;)

Here's my fix for it now. I only wish VS2005 supported generating ARMv6 code so I can make even smaller.

Anyways, drop in the cab, run it, it'll create an app directory and shortcut into the StartUp directory. Run it directly, or it'll run on reboot. It'll zero ShowSim on startup, reset it back to 0 in case one "something" decides to flip it back to one again within the next ~1 minute. Then, it'll quit out.

Designed ONLY for WM6, and at least ONLY for ARMv5T and up.

Thanks NuShrike. It doesn't seem to work for me though. I tried resetting my phone and running the program manually and the sim contacts are still there. I even tried putting a registry settings file in the startup folder so it would get imported on startup and that didn't work either. Oh well, I've gotten used to it anyway. I do appreciate the help though.

Guest NuShrike
Thanks NuShrike. It doesn't seem to work for me though. I tried resetting my phone and running the program manually and the sim contacts are still there. I even tried putting a registry settings file in the startup folder so it would get imported on startup and that didn't work either. Oh well, I've gotten used to it anyway. I do appreciate the help though.
I think there's a bug somewhere and something is aggressively fighting the setting..

It stopped working for me as well after a few reboots, but I haven't had time to investigate it yet. I'll PM you something when I do another release.

This bugs me up the arse as well as other UI I had gotten used to on my SE t637 which had a very easy way to switch between BT audio destinations such as carkit and headset... I appreciate the ability to program stuff, but man WM6 does lacks polish in some corners.

Edited by NuShrike

I think there's a bug somewhere and something is aggressively fighting the setting..

It stopped working for me as well after a few reboots, but I haven't had time to investigate it yet. I'll PM you something when I do another release.

This bugs me up the arse as well as other UI I had gotten used to on my SE t637 which had a very easy way to switch between BT audio destinations such as carkit and headset... I appreciate the ability to program stuff, but man WM6 does lacks polish in some corners.

Thank you very much NuShrike. It works great this time. ;)

Hi there,

I have seen references throughout these forums to things you can do in "Test Mode". However, I have looked and used search, and cannot find out how to turn on this Test Mode in the Kaiser. Can someone give me the magic key code?

Thanks

Guest Phil Lee

I'd love to be able to assign a hardware key to the backlight control. The HTC home screen launcher features a button to adjust the brightness in four increments. Unfortunately I can't find the program that controls this. I prefer to use PocketBreeze and would like to assign a hardware key to this function. Does anyone know how to access this function?

Request:

Is it possible to speed up the Pocket IE when scrolling large web page? Not, downloading it btw.

I found the performace is awful, very slow when scrolling the Pocket IE.

Try this:

- Use Pocket IE

- Set the view option to ONE COLUMN

- Picture must be displayed

- Text size "smaller"

- Connect to internet

- Browse to http://news.google.com/news

- Wait until finish

Then scroll the page using stylus, etc.

The performance is really terrible.

Not sure with Opera or other browser because I dont have them (not yet installed).

I am glad some else has spotted this, i browse heavy text discussion forums and you are right. Yesterday I logged on to my favourite Wolves discussion site (yes, I know but its in the blood) - anyway I had my Vario III and my Vario 1 connected to the same page over WIFI and the scrolling lag on the Vario III is appalling, and yet it is the much faster device - it appears much better if you scroll using the wheel, but using the stylus to drag is very slow and clunky.

Any one got any suggestions?

Guest dan13l
I am glad some else has spotted this, i browse heavy text discussion forums and you are right. Yesterday I logged on to my favourite Wolves discussion site (yes, I know but its in the blood) - anyway I had my Vario III and my Vario 1 connected to the same page over WIFI and the scrolling lag on the Vario III is appalling, and yet it is the much faster device - it appears much better if you scroll using the wheel, but using the stylus to drag is very slow and clunky.

Any one got any suggestions?

Have you tried installing Paul's tweak pack? The font cache increase in that might help.

Guest dan13l
A quicker way for sending a new sms would also be great.

I've added "New SMS" as the right softkey using the Settings menu. Makes life a bit easier.

Guest the_ape
I've added "New SMS" as the right softkey using the Settings menu. Makes life a bit easier.

But still not perfect hey Dan. There has to be a reason why Microsoft decided to change the softkey to Delete, I just cant work it out? Must have been one of their usability studies......

Anyhow, there has GOT TO be a way of reseting it back.....

• 3 weeks later...
I'd love to be able to assign a hardware key to the backlight control. The HTC home screen launcher features a button to adjust the brightness in four increments. Unfortunately I can't find the program that controls this. I prefer to use PocketBreeze and would like to assign a hardware key to this function. Does anyone know how to access this function?

+2

The Kaiser lacking a transreflective screen is very difficult to see in direct sunlight. A hard button to bring the backlight to max would be appreciated by many!

Guest getchristylove
Something bothering you about your new toy? Would you just like your favourite tweak CAB'd up to make it easier for you to install?

I'm now taking requests :(

P

(PS Please don't ask for anything illegal, hacked from another ROM etc. etc. Thanks ;) )

Not a major issue, just a slight annoyance. When you go into Contacts>Menu>View By, there are only two options: 'by name' and 'by company'. Now, I know this phone was probably intended more for the business/professional user, but why isn't there an option to view 'by category'? What good is setting someone's category if you can't view/organize by it? (yes, you can filter by it, but not really what I want.)

As a work around, I've placed category type descriptions under the 'company' field in all my contacts (and have the 'by company' view selected).

The other thing... Is there a way to change the display (either in Programs or Settings menu) from icons to a list view? The icons are so big that it's annoying to have to scroll down to see all the options in the menus.

Edited by getchristylove

Not a major issue, just a slight annoyance. When you go into Contacts>Menu>View By, there are only two options: 'by name' and 'by company'. Now, I know this phone was probably intended more for the business/professional user, but why isn't there an option to view 'by category'? What good is setting someone's category if you can't view/organize by it? (yes, you can filter by it, but not really what I want.)

As a work around, I've placed category type descriptions under the 'company' field in all my contacts (and have the 'by company' view selected).

The other thing... Is there a way to change the display (either in Programs or Settings menu) from icons to a list view? The icons are so big that it's annoying to have to scroll down to see all the options in the menus.

I'm guessing it would be pointless to enable that when you can simply select contacts / Filter / then all your Category's show in there just select the one you want and it will display only the people in that category.

If your still taking requests, I'd like to ask you to change the default search to Google, in Opera Mobile, just like you did for Internet Explorer. Thanks for being so nice! ;)