Wifi with proxy

Guest ljuwaidah

Guest ljuwaidah

Hi, I've been reading posts in this forum since i purchased my Samsung i600, and I really like it.

I've always found what I needed but I couldn't find an answer anywhere for this question:

In my college they have wifi, but they also have a proxy on it... how do i set that?

I usually turn my wifi on, the network gets detected, i can connect to it, but when I try to use any apps (ie, google maps, podcast, etc) I get an error that the connection was terminated...

I tried setting a proxy but... it's too complicated, i know the host, i know the port, I know the user name, it has no password, but where does it connect from?

Please help me with this, I really need something to do during classes ;)

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shadowsky

I am in a similar situation, and managed to work out half the solution:

configure the proxy so that you connect from work, and connect to the internet

When you connect to your college wifi choose "Private/Work Network" under Network Type

This way i managed to surf to webpages outside my college network using IE

However messenger still doesn't work.....

Hi, I've been reading posts in this forum since i purchased my Samsung i600, and I really like it.

I've always found what I needed but I couldn't find an answer anywhere for this question:

In my college they have wifi, but they also have a proxy on it... how do i set that?

I usually turn my wifi on, the network gets detected, i can connect to it, but when I try to use any apps (ie, google maps, podcast, etc) I get an error that the connection was terminated...

I tried setting a proxy but... it's too complicated, i know the host, i know the port, I know the user name, it has no password, but where does it connect from?

Please help me with this, I really need something to do during classes ;)

Cheers!