SMS send doesn't work

Guest munrobasher

Guest munrobasher

HTC S710 (Vodofone branded) - sometimes I can't use the SEND button after composing a text message. Just does nothing at all.

Everything else is working. I can save to draft folder, power down and back up and then send but darn annoying.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Rob.

Guest Alem2K5

Same problem here. It happens only sometimes, I wasn't able to understand the circumstances under which it happens. Anyway, it's very annoying.

Another trick I've found is to save the msg in the draft folder, then go inside this folder and "move" the message to the "Outbox" folder.

This will send the message immediately, without the need for restarting the phone.

Hope it saves you some time, while we find out a better solution (possibly a fix?!?!?).

Bye and regards,

AleM2k.

HTC S710 (Vodofone branded) - sometimes I can't use the SEND button after composing a text message. Just does nothing at all.

Everything else is working. I can save to draft folder, power down and back up and then send but darn annoying.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Rob.

Guest munrobasher
Another trick I've found is to save the msg in the draft folder, then go inside this folder and "move" the message to the "Outbox" folder. This will send the message immediately, without the need for restarting the phone.

Thanks, that will help.

Cheers, Rob.

Guest Doktor M@buse

I don't know the exact menu in english:

Settings,

Connections,

SMS Service.

Since I've switched from 'GSM preferred' to 'GSM' it never happened to me again.

Edited by Doktor M@buse

Guest munrobasher
I don't know the exact menu in english:

Settings,

Connections,

SMS Service.

Since I've switched from 'GSM preferred' to 'GSM' it never happened to me again.

Mine was set to GSM Preferred as well. Changed to GSM and we'll see how we got. Doesn't happen very often so guess unless I remember to post back, we won't know if it's fixed.

Thanks, Rob.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Alem2K5

I switched the GSM Service as well but without luck...

The annoying problem still appears once in a while.....

Any other suggestion?

Thx and regards,

AleM2k.

Mine was set to GSM Preferred as well. Changed to GSM and we'll see how we got. Doesn't happen very often so guess unless I remember to post back, we won't know if it's fixed.

Thanks, Rob.

• 2 months later...
Guest greenbuttonsurfer
Exact same problem with a Voda unlocked Vox now on Virgin. Setting to GSM fixed it for me as above.

JK

hello all, my first posting.

I have this problem, have there been any other developments? It's happened once or twice before, and all I did to remedy it was turn it off etc. But now it just won't send at all, the only solution being moving it manually into the outbox (hardly practical...)

any offers??

• 1 month later...
Guest Alem2K5
hello all, my first posting.

I have this problem, have there been any other developments? It's happened once or twice before, and all I did to remedy it was turn it off etc. But now it just won't send at all, the only solution being moving it manually into the outbox (hardly practical...)

any offers??

sorry for "bumping".....but I still haven't find any solution for this and it's very annoying....

Thanks,

AleM2k.

Guest munrobasher
sorry for "bumping".....but I still haven't find any solution for this and it's very annoying....

Thanks,

AleM2k.

Yes me too, still not found a fix. The GSM setting sort of seemed to help for a while. The "Save to draft" is the only (annoying) workaround I've found.

Cheers, Rob.

• 4 months later...
Guest just-saving

I'm really pleased to have found that by saving a text to the drafts folder and then moving it to the outbox will make the text send but does anyone have the solution to how to get the send button to send yet? :-)