vario mda II 3g issues

Guest stevej26uk

Guest stevej26uk

Hi got my 3rd !! vario from tmobile, currently the local 3g transmitter apparently has issues and my phone switches randomly between 3g and 2g and can be on 3g and the person calling end up sent to voicemail, most annoying !!!

I love the vario in every other way, and hopefully the 3g issue will be sorted locally, but im a bit concerned that the radio version on the vario is not helping its very old in comparsion to other versions available.

Is there a safe way of upgrading radio without messing the warranty.

Was hoping tmob would release wm6 rom, which would hopefully help but apparently its not looking good.

Any ideas, just wait and see or try upgrading radio ?

Guest jchamier
Hi got my 3rd !! vario from tmobile, currently the local 3g transmitter apparently has issues and my phone switches randomly between 3g and 2g and can be on 3g and the person calling end up sent to voicemail, most annoying !!!

I love the vario in every other way, and hopefully the 3g issue will be sorted locally, but im a bit concerned that the radio version on the vario is not helping its very old in comparsion to other versions available.

Keep with the T-mobile supplied version until the fault is fixed.

However you know you can set the phone to only use 2G, instead of AUTO on that version? (on newer releases you can choose 2G, 3G and auto).

Guest UndeadDevil
Keep with the T-mobile supplied version until the fault is fixed.

Wow, your telling a guy with problems to use the worst Radio Version there is! Get over with it and flash it to 1.50, it will probably fix every problem you've got. At least it'll help.

I allways have my PDA in 3G Mode (No 2G fallback) as I get great 3G signal where-ever I go. (Theres like 6 T-Mobile Mast's in my town)

Guest stevej26uk
Wow, your telling a guy with problems to use the worst Radio Version there is! Get over with it and flash it to 1.50, it will probably fix every problem you've got. At least it'll help.

I allways have my PDA in 3G Mode (No 2G fallback) as I get great 3G signal where-ever I go. (Theres like 6 T-Mobile Mast's in my town)

Hey thanks for the tip Im going to give it another couple of days, and then try to upgrade the radio version, im not really bothered bout wm6, but would like to know how to upgrade just the radio part and which version is best ( although reading through this forum none could be worse than the tmob standard one !!)

Guest jchamier

Unless its actually a faulty 2100mhz radio circuit in that particular device?!

I realise t-mob have been fair to people who have upgraded, but the truth is that the software is part of the product purchased, and once modified the warranty is debateable.

Perhaps you've not had a problem, but I have in the past with other technology products (not mobile phones) with modified firmware.

Guest stevej26uk
Unless its actually a faulty 2100mhz radio circuit in that particular device?!

I realise t-mob have been fair to people who have upgraded, but the truth is that the software is part of the product purchased, and once modified the warranty is debateable.

Perhaps you've not had a problem, but I have in the past with other technology products (not mobile phones) with modified firmware.

Much of the 3g issues now fixed, not missing calls etc, the only problem seems to be 3g signal isnt that strong 2bars and sometimes only 1 could still be a fault on transmitter but when in partners n73 signal is not far off full, fairly sure its not the unit itself as this is my 3rd vario and each has been the same, i see very little point in exchanging it again.

Guest jchamier
Much of the 3g issues now fixed, not missing calls etc, the only problem seems to be 3g signal isnt that strong 2bars and sometimes only 1 could still be a fault on transmitter but when in partners n73 signal is not far off full, fairly sure its not the unit itself as this is my 3rd vario and each has been the same, i see very little point in exchanging it again.

Then it could be time to try the radio upgrades, or go the full jump and WM6+radio. Just read everything you can in advance.