Activesync Problems

Guest mattgod69

Guest mattgod69

Hi, I am using a M3100 and AS 4.5. I also sync between another laptop which has a slightly older version of AS on it. I am having intermitent probems in that my M3100 does not always connect straight away............. the green connection icon circles around saying connecting..... Eventually, sometimes after several soft resets the thing syncs again. The problem happens on both PCs but in fairness is worse on the AS 4.5 (home pc). I also sync my old M5000 occasionally and this works fine although there is no password protection on this (I have disabled password protection on the M3100 to see if this sorts the problem but it does not taytally sort it out).

I am wondering if anyone else has suffered the same problems? It is extremely annoying and I am wondering if the device needs a hard reset. I am also having occasional lock ups and the phone crashing generally. Storage and program memory is less than 50% used so its not a memeory thing.

Its a great phone but these issues are very annoying! Many thanks in anticipation......

Guest iskander

I think I have the same problem. Here is the long version of my story:

A couple days ago I bought a T Mobile Vario 2.

After setting it up I tried to connect it to my laptop (running windows xp sp 2 with activesync 4.1 which I used to use with my old SPV C500) on USB. It didn’t work. I got a few different errors on attaching the USB (ranging from “unknown device”, “device malfunctioned” to “new windows mobile device” or “installing RNDIS drivers”) and then eventually no USB errors, but no activesync connection neither.

Then I tried installing the activesync version that came with the phone (on the T Mobile CD) – I think it is 4.2. no success.

Then I tried installing the latest activesync (4.5) – on success.

Then I tried everything I found on the internet, including: uninstalling all the USB devices on my computer, manually removing the devices in registry, restarting hundreds of times, plugging the USB in different ports, manually installing the RNDIS drivers (under activesync 4.5 directory), different cables that work for sure, switching the “Enable advanced network functionality” off, and a few other things I found google but none worked. I tried connection my old SPV C500 and it still works. I tried connecting my Vario to one of my work mate’s laptop (same configuration, using activesync 4.1 with his O2 XDA Orbit) which didn’t connect neither.

A few hours later, I tried on another laptop (XP SP 2, never had activesync) with the activesync on the t mobile CD and it connected on the first attempt.

Then I tried a few more tweaks on my laptop, including disabling the firewall and I got connected. Still, it is inconsistent, it only connects about 1 times out of 10 and then in about 30 seconds it looses the connection.

I sort of lost hope with USB, and tried a Bluetooth USB dongle I had (not the best one ever, but it works). Set it up, paired the device, set up the com port in Bluetooth and activesync (which at the moment was 4.5) and I got them to go both (phone and PC) on connecting and then the phone freezes there, PC times out after a while. Then retried to pair and set up ports in different order a few times, then tried activesync 4.2 on which the phone still freezes on “connecting” but the PC is not bothered at all.

I should probably mention that I think my laptop’s USB ports are fine, I use a usb mouse and keyboard, and sometimes a dvd writer as well and all are fine.

Needless to say, I tried to use the wireless modem but the modem returns some remote access error, either 633 or 692, so I didn’t get much of my web n walk plus so far.

The only thing that I can think of is to try and get a better USB Bluetooth adapter (like a proper brand and listed here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=841803)

Please let me know if you have any idea (ANY IDEA AT ALL).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joe steel
Hi, I am using a M3100 and AS 4.5. I also sync between another laptop which has a slightly older version of AS on it. I am having intermitent probems in that my M3100 does not always connect straight away............. the green connection icon circles around saying connecting..... Eventually, sometimes after several soft resets the thing syncs again. The problem happens on both PCs but in fairness is worse on the AS 4.5 (home pc). I also sync my old M5000 occasionally and this works fine although there is no password protection on this (I have disabled password protection on the M3100 to see if this sorts the problem but it does not taytally sort it out).

I am wondering if anyone else has suffered the same problems? It is extremely annoying and I am wondering if the device needs a hard reset. I am also having occasional lock ups and the phone crashing generally. Storage and program memory is less than 50% used so its not a memeory thing.

Its a great phone but these issues are very annoying! Many thanks in anticipation......

For the Active Sync issues.. there can be a very simple solution to this problem sometimes....

On the handset....

Start/settings/connections/

Select "USB to PC" and untick "Enable advanced network funtionality"

This will slow down the connection speed but will make it way more stable

Hope this helps but it doesnt work for every example ive seen sorry