lost battery cover .. ; -- buy a new one??

Guest Amien

nobody? i'm thinking of buying an extented battery .. cause it will also replace the battery cover... but i dont really need the extra power .. well ok ;) .. i need the power .. but i dont need the extra volume of the gsm :wub:

• 1 month later...
Guest DJ Pierre
nobody? i'm thinking of buying an extented battery .. cause it will also replace the battery cover... but i dont really need the extra power .. well ok ;) .. i need the power .. but i dont need the extra volume of the gsm :(

I have the same problem. Orange can't help me, i've called about 10 different pda shops, no shop where i can order. www.Eurotwice.be has them in stock but i can's order there as a privat person. Only companies can order.

I'm getting tired of all this...

Guest kidinspace
I have the same problem. Orange can't help me, i've called about 10 different pda shops, no shop where i can order. www.Eurotwice.be has them in stock but i can's order there as a privat person. Only companies can order.

I'm getting tired of all this...

Bad news mate, the battery cover doesn't have the clip on it the clip for the battery cover is actually on the back of the phone itself.

If you want to look for it it's in the middle just below the bottom of the battery. Buying a new cover will make more difference.

I work for Orange and my advice would be this, tell them that this catch has broken and if they don't replace it for you ask them for the customer services number for HTC U.K. as they *should* do something about it under the warranty.

The reason i say ask Orange is they should give you a more *direct* number than the one you would get from HTC's website and i know for definite that there is nothing in the book that comes on the box!

The terms and conditions of the Orange Contracts, Clause 14.1 I think, stipulates that, and i quote "The handset/hardware is acquired by you out with the terms and conditions of the contract itself". This in turn means that unless you have taken out Orange Insurance the phone/hardware is nothing to do with them/us. The handset, out with 28 day instore replacement policy, is the responsibility of the manufacturer. The terms and conditions of the contract basically says that Orange are only there to provide the Service.

If you want to check this out it is on the back of you CIF form, the big form filled out instore, if you do not have this, ( I know that some stores just give out the Enable print-outs) then pop down to your local Orange shop and just ask to see the T + C's on the back of the Contract CIF.

Also i know that things are different if you done the Upgrade / New Con over the phone and I am unsure what they actually send you through the post.

All i know of is how *I* do it in our *Retail* store.

hope this helps, Gareth

Edited by kidinspace