Which UK network first?

Guest robertc17

Guest robertc17

I've been on Orange for a few years. Think their data packages suck and quiet fancy the T-Mobile W'n'W packages. Had a Hermes for a year and now out of contract. Phoned Orange and asked when they were getting the Kaiser to be told "on one here knows that". When I pointed out that "someone must know" I was told "we're not getting it". Retorted with "HTC's press release said you are" but still was met with a blank "can't help you".

So I helped myself and requested my PAC code.

I'm now free to move networks - but none of them have a release date.

Anyone know whose going to drop first and on which network it's best to get it?

Cheers,

Mozz.

Guest captainsensible
I've been on Orange for a few years. Think their data packages suck and quiet fancy the T-Mobile W'n'W packages. Had a Hermes for a year and now out of contract. Phoned Orange and asked when they were getting the Kaiser to be told "on one here knows that". When I pointed out that "someone must know" I was told "we're not getting it". Retorted with "HTC's press release said you are" but still was met with a blank "can't help you".

So I helped myself and requested my PAC code.

I'm now free to move networks - but none of them have a release date.

Anyone know whose going to drop first and on which network it's best to get it?

Cheers,

Mozz.

You can buy it bundled with a vodafone contract from Expansys for £250ish... they are on back order though, but only a few days

Guest Neil5459

Apparently T-Mobile are planning release for end of September. Not sure how 'official' that is, but another MoDaCo member had an email from T-Mo with that info.

O2 are planning a release (according to rumours again, but no date yet!)

Guest Dark_Neo

As I mentioned in the Vodafone v1615 thread, Vodafone are getting it in stock on Thursday 13th, they're quite a good network tbh, I moved to them from Orange myself.

Guest robertc17
You can buy it bundled with a vodafone contract from Expansys for £250ish... they are on back order though, but only a few days

OK didn't realise that. But I'm guessing I will get it for free when the networks offer it directly assuming my monthly package is higher enough. My Hermes was with Orange.

Guest chucky.egg

You'll have to be on quite a high tariff to get it free on Day One with any network.

The level of knowledge amongst operator staff is shocking. Vodafone are still touting the Kaiser as 170g (its actually 192g and feels like it too)

Personally I'd pay the man and get an HTC branded device

Personally I'd pay the man and get an HTC branded device

Why though when you pay so much these days for sim only packages?

Oranges' website details that to get the same package as I'm on, sim only, will cost me a £5ver less a month for 12 months. Thats only £60 saved. Which doesnt make much of a impact on the £499 asking price of a sim-free Kaiser.

Yet, if I wait until Orange release it; assuming they do. And explain to Retentions how I've been waiting for the phone to be released for months while out of contract and also been shown a deal by t-mobile etc etc then chances are they will atleast do me a deal of around £100 for a Kaiser. I got the Hermes last year a week after release for £49.99 on a 12month contract paying £30 a month, following the same steps.

All in all, even after paying for being out-of-contact for say...6 months...(this assuming that they release it before xmas) thats only another £30 extra I may of been able to contribute to the price of a HTC branded one right now.

Edited by Helix

Guest chucky.egg

You don't have to get SIM-only

Get a free phone on your chosen tariff and sell it on eBay, put the money towards a Vanilla Kaiser.

Why HTC branded - because it's not been buggered about with by the very same networks we don't trust for information on release dates!

It's speculation really as we don't know what the subsidised price will be.

Why though when you pay so much these days for sim only packages?

The thing about sim only packages is that they are not a contract, so you can change at any time.

The cheap SIM packages are out there however, but does depend on how much you are going to use your phone. T-Mob offer a £7.50 a month deal, but only 50 mins a month.

However, at 10p a minute, you can make up to 70 minutes of call a month (extra, so 120 in total) before a £35 contract starts to be better value (the maths isn't quite right as am comparing T-Mobile with Vodafone from Expansys - but you get the picture).

And you can often get money off your out of contract plan, by signing up for a further 12 months.

I simply don't believe networks are offering such good "deals" out of the goodness of their hearts. Yes, it allows you you have fixed payments every month, but you are probably paying for minutes you don't use, and by being careful you can surely get it cheaper ?

Guest robertc17

What's the general consensus these days on who actually has the best data package?

I thought it was T-Mobile as everyone raves about W'n'W but researching it on this forum it seems there's a heap of restrictions that reduces it's attractiveness if you use email ( Exchange Push ) and some amount of IM plus using it as a modem.

Is this right or is it still the best of a "bad bunch"...

Cheers.

Moz.