I finally found my way here... where do I go now?

Guest drokkon

I think I've finally found my way home! ;)

So I always owned a desktop because I'm a big nerd who likes to build computers, and love upgrading and troubleshooting. Since I can't take my computer with me everywhere, I've reluctantly used portable devices in the past - cell phones, PDAs, MP3 players - all the while waiting for "all-in-one" solutions to become viable. Laptops were too big and expensive, PDAs were too expensive without MP3 and phone capabilities... is it finally time to make my move? Is a good smartphone finally achieving what I'm looking for?

The iPhone was pretty, but Mac stuff has always seemed a little too simplistic for a techie like me - sacrificing power for ease-of-use. HTC products have certainly grabbed my attention. The Touch? The Tilt? Wow.

Anyway, I won't bore you any further. I just want to ask where I should go to learn more about this portable technology. I haven't kept up with anything since SIM cards first appeared in cell phones. What is 3G? What is "unlocked?" What's the difference in all the smartphones? Where can I find reviews to decide which smartphone I want? Can I really use my smartphone with a bluetooth stereo headset and take phone calls while I'm listening to music? Is the future really here? :wub:

Thanks for a great site.

Guest Neil5459

Welcome to MoDaCo drokkon- as you say, have a nose around and read some of the reviews and opinions.

Then when you are totally confused, post back with your core requirements and someone will point you in the right direction ;)

Welcome to MoDaCo drokkon- as you say, have a nose around and read some of the reviews and opinions.

Then when you are totally confused, post back with your core requirements and someone will point you in the right direction :wub:

http://www.modaco.com/48-Hours-smartphone-t89276.html

I read the above page and it provided some basic information for me! (for smartphones) If there was somewhere else to go or another page that as a newbie I needed to visit then please point me to it. I think that some of the information contained within that page needs to be listed under the Absolute Beginners section. ;) But, I'm a newbie...