Two Questions

Guest Webreaper

Guest Webreaper

Got my device a couple of hours ago.

1. How do I get GPS to work with Google maps? It doesn't seem to work. Is it just because it's taking a long time to get the first fix?

2. Can I hide the clock on the HTC today screen? I hate it. ;)

Guest Special2k3
Got my device a couple of hours ago.

1. How do I get GPS to work with Google maps? It doesn't seem to work. Is it just because it's taking a long time to get the first fix?

Try to open TomTom First and get a gps fix. Then open Google Maps but don't close tomtom. This works fine for me.

SpecialK

Try to open TomTom First and get a gps fix. Then open Google Maps but don't close tomtom. This works fine for me.

SpecialK

Yes, Google Maps isn't very patient when waiting for a fix, and it doesn't give you a very helpful message when it can't find one fast, it just makes it look like there is no device.

Works fine if you are outside. The moving dot on the satellite map is very 007 !

Guest Webreaper
Start -> Settings -> Today -> Items -> Uncheck 'HTC Home' will rid you of the clock :wub:

LOL. Yeah, I've done that now. I was more meaning to lose the clock but keep the other bits and pieces. ;)

Guest MiniOrganMorgan

I've found that after using Tomtom to get a GPS fix the first couple of times, that now Google Maps will work from the off.

Would be nice if the HTC skin (which I like) could be customised. Perhaps it can, but I haven't read the manual. ;)