App Unlocking BJ i-607

Guest ChetG

I've been toying with my Samsung I-607 recently and I want to edit a few things in the registry, but I am worried about making the phone useless.

1. Is there a way to relock the phone after I've made my changes?
  2. Or could someone possibly give me some tips on how to not make my phone useless?
  3. Also, is there a way to back-up the phone completely so that it may be restored if something goes wrong?
Thanks, Chet Edited by ChetG

Guest genaldar
I've been toying with my Samsung I-607 recently and I want to edit a few things in the registry, but I am worried about making the phone useless.
  1. Is there a way to relock the phone after I've made my changes?
  2. Or could someone possibly give me some tips on how to not make my phone useless?
  3. Also, is there a way to back-up the phone completely so that it may be restored if something goes wrong?
Thanks, Chet

1. SDA application unlock, which may work on your phone, lets you re-lock it if you want (I think, I haven't used it in a while so I could be wrong).

2. What do you mean? If your looking for useful software you should search.

3. There are a couple of data back up options. SPB and Sprite both have back up software which makes an image of your phone. Also bear in mind that a hard reset will get it back to the way it was when you first took it out of the box. You lose all your data and installed applications and settings, but it fixes many problems. You can also see if a RUU is available. It restores your phone to the out of box state. There also might be other roms available for you using ruu.