Vodafone UK Pricing

Guest WILBUR

Guest Mr.Clark
I bartered my way down from £100 to £20 for the phone, which I'm happy to pay... Afterall, getting a £500 for £20 is quite cool. Alas, I could not get the 12 month contract, they just won't do it... So, bad news on that score, had to sign up for the 18 month...
Not bad...

I just got told that for their £20 a month contract they want £100 for the phone, taking that up to £25 a month and they want £80 for it...

Now to do some nifty data calculations, along with the first 3 months half-price on the £25 a month package...

EDIT: £7.50 for 120Mb per month, anything over that I get 15Mb per day for £1 per day. It's not T-Mobile, but the phone is £50 cheaper.

Edited by Mr.Clark

Guest botess

I just ordered mine too! Delivery for tomorrow at some point.

Tariff:

Anytime 500 + 500 texts

Vodafone Passport / Stop The Clock

120MB Data Pack

Tariff Price:

£35 (inc. Data)

Contract Length: 12 months

Phone Price: £35

Guest Tothotspur
I just ordered mine too! Delivery for tomorrow at some point.

Tariff:

Anytime 500 + 500 texts

120MB Data Pack

Tariff Price:

£35 (inc. Data)

was this over the phone or through the internet, as i can not find this on their site. Also all this on a 12month contract?!

Edited by Tothotspur

Guest botess
was this over the phone or through the internet, as i can not find this on their site. Also all this on a 12month contract?!

I've been with Vodafone for 6 years and slowly eaten my way into a better deal ;)

I was adamant with them I'd be going elsewhere if they didn't meet my #1 criterion which was a 12 month contract. To that they obliged, and I pretty much left them to their other conditions (eg phone price). Needless to say I'm quite happy with that deal!

Guest Tothotspur
I've been with Vodafone for 6 years and slowly eaten my way into a better deal ;)

I was adamant with them I'd be going elsewhere if they didn't meet my #1 criterion which was a 12 month contract. To that they obliged, and I pretty much left them to their other conditions (eg phone price). Needless to say I'm quite happy with that deal!

yeah thats a good deal. I am taking a final stand with t-mobile. I want the phone for 50 pounds on flext 35 or i am moving to vodafone on their anytime 750 mins with 250 texts tariff

Guest appy11
Tariff:

Anytime 500 + 500 texts

120MB Data Pack

Tariff Price:

£35 (inc. Data)

The dark art of subtle re-negotiation...

Anytime 500 + 500 txts, Vodafone "Passport" + Stop the Clock

120MB Data Pack = £35 inc Data.

Contact Length: 12 months. Phone price: Zero.

Now that's a deal!

Guest dknappett

Now that's a deal!

Yep, same over here except only 100 texts, which doesn't bother me too much. Phoned up on Sunday and spoke to a lady who said the T-mobile variant was a different phone (!), so disconnections sorted me out. Took about 5 mins and immediately offered it for free. Should be arriving sometime today...

Guest vodafonecustomer

Now that's a deal!

Hi, and thanks for the info!!

I called Vodafone yesterday and waiting for my free upgrade HTC TYTN II and thought i was getting a great deal but i was wrong!

I'm getting anytime 500 + 100 texts with passport and stop the clock with one month free Data pack under a contract renew of 18months

I've been with vodafone for 2 years - So just to confirm , did they give you 12 months data pack? And any tips on how you got yoru great deal?

Guest Kaiser Wilhelm II

I got my v1615 at the local Vodafone shop for 50 quid on a 12 month, 34.50 per month Business tariff (300 mins X-net talk per month but no texts or data). Apparently I can downgrade to a 200 min per month contract (5 quid cheaper) after 9 months so total cost will be 450 over the year.

I'm hoping that a good data bolt-on should be available soon, in the meantime I'll be restricting the internet browsing to wherever I can log on via WiFi.

The way I look at is that since the phone costs about 450 quid anyway, I get it interest free in 12 monthly payments along with 300 bonus mins per month of mobile phone calls. I generally tend to make long UK calls via my BT softphone in the evenings (free calls) so I probably won't even use the minutes I get. I had an ageing PocketPC 2002 PDA so this is a great upgrade for it.

Oh bugger.

I wish I had read this thread before upgrading.

Just got the Kaiser on Voda upgrade with 150x net and 100 txt for 25ppm and was offered

£100 on 12 months

£40 on 18 Months

Free on 24 months

I went for 2 years to get the phone for free but it looks like I could have got a much better deal.

Oh well, I wonder if its worth ringing back and having a moan...

On another note, what is the customisation level like? Is it hard branded? Is it locked to Voda? What does the soft branding look like?

Guest vodafonecustomer
Oh bugger.

Just got the Kaiser on Voda upgrade with 150x net and 100 txt for 25ppm and was offered

£100 on 12 months

£40 on 18 Months

Free on 24 months

I went for 2 years to get the phone for free but it looks like I could have got a much better deal.

On another note, what is the customisation level like? Is it hard branded? Is it locked to Voda? What does the soft branding look like?

FYI - you have 14 days to change your mind with vodafone once you get your handset but if your a new customer its unlikely you will get a great deal

Guest ratykat

Hmm,

went into the local Vodaphone store in lichfield (if any1 knows where that is),

was told that there were no V1615's in stock, and that none in the area had any, not even display models.

hrmph.

Edited by ratykat

Guest Kaiser Wilhelm II
Oh bugger.

£100 on 12 months

£40 on 18 Months

Free on 24 months

I don't think it's a bad deal - depends on how heavily you use the voice calls and texts...

For the 12 months you'd get the whole thing for 400 quid - not bad. Over 2 years it costs you 600 quid but you of course get the minutes and txts thrown in every month.

If you use it a lot more than the 'free' minutes/txts on your plan then maybe something else would be better. But I'd have been happy with the 12 month deal they offered. 50 quid less over the year than it cost me and I'll never use the 300 mins a month on my plan anyway.

It's not heavily branded, you get a few useful utilities thrown in courtesy of Voda (I think .. maybe they are on the standard HTC) and AFAIK it's unlocked - at least, mine is anyway.

Thanks for the comments guys. I rang them back and manage to switch to 18 months with 200 xnet and 100 txt for £30ppm.

I could have had 500+100 for 35ppm.

They flatly refused to give me the phone for free on 12 month contract. But my monthly spend is not very high.

Still, im a lot happier.

The device itslf is awsome. Kudos to Voda for minimal customisation (hardware and software). It really is a fantastic upgrade to my Wizard. ;)

Edited by rmg

Just thought I'd add my deal - I was paying £25 for 75 Anytime minutes + 100 texts, plus another £7.50 for the 120mb bundle...

I wrote to them to cancel as I wanted to swap my Sony Ericsson M600i for a SE P1i which only O2 have at the moment... they immediately called me and offered a free V1615 on an 18 month extension of my existing contract, with a £5pm reduction.

I hate 18 month contracts, so we ended up with a compromise - I paid them £50 for the phone, and I'm now on a 12 month £20pm contract (75 Anytime mins + 100 texts) plus the data bundle. I'm pretty happy with that ;)

The V1615 is very different to the Sony Ericsson of course, but I needed a change...

Edited by Boinng