Backlight always on

Guest J273

Anyone else experienced this?......the backlight on my kaiser always seems to be on but dimmed......The back lights on as normal ...Ive set the timeout for 10seconds and it just dimms but never actually goes off ;)

As anyone any ideas as to what could be the problem....Dont really fancy doing a hard reset

App ive got installed are

TOMTOM

POCKETBREEZE

CAMERAWARE

COREPLAYER (RETAIL)

EWALLET

GOOGLEMAPS

NEWSBREAK

ONENOTE

OPERA

PARLINGO

SPB GPRS MONITOR

POCKET RAR

PRSS READER

RESCO PHOTO VIEWER

COREPLAYer EARLY BETA TCMP (i think)

Thanks

Edited by J273

Anyone else experienced this?......the backlight on my kaiser always seems to be on but dimmed......The back lights on as normal ...Ive set the timeout for 10seconds and it just dimms but never actually goes off :huh:

It DOES go off. Just wait a little bit more. Personally I like that 'dim' feature.

Hi

Also it will not go off if connected to a PC via active sync.

The very dim screen is sort of a "still on" indicator.

The backlight when set to go off only ever dims. The dimmed backlight will go off completely when the Kaiser goes into standby.

If yours is never going off and you have the Kaiser set to power off after so many minutes and it doesn't, then some application is stopping the Kaiser from going into standby.

Regards

Phil

yeah....Ive left t for over half an hour still stays dim.

I found the problem though i think it was the early beta of TCPMP player i had installed....Ive uninstalled ,soft reset and is now working a treat.

Edited by J273

Hmm maybe not.....Ive uninstalled TCPMP player but i think it must of left some registry entries behind.

Im pretty sure its got somthing to do with this app as i only installed it yesterday and since then noticed the problem.

Could anyone tell me the default entries and location for the backlight settings within the registry?

Thanks