Plus Partners: Welcome Mykesoft and Textr!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

I would like to welcome Mykesoft and Textr to our 'Plus Partners' program.

I really like the Messaging application on Pocket PC. It gives a great user experience for e-mail, of that there's no doubt. When it comes to SMS however, there's no denying it's somewhat lacking. Many readers will be aware of the Palm threaded SMS application, which has proved wildly successful, and if you like the idea of that, you're gonna LOVE Textr!

In their own words...

Textr turns those unorganized text messages into organized conversations. Easily see entire conversations via text message with a single contact in a chat-like interface.

Textr is for Windows Mobile Pocket PC phones. It works with Windows Mobile 5 and 6.

textranimated.gif
  • Conversation based text messaging organized by who sent you the text message
  • Make Textr your default text message (sms) application
  • New message pop-up notification
  • Photos for your contacts which use the default contact photo on your device.
  • Sort conversations
  • Icons depicting "new" message, "read" and "unread
  • Textr can handle an unlimited amount of text messages. If your conversation grows too long, it will auto archive older messages on your phone memory or SD card.
  • Auto emoticons. Turns ;) into smily_smile.gif
  • Timestamps in conversations
  • Turns URLs into hyperlinks
  • Character/message counter while writing message
  • Many emoticons to choose from. Textr contacts will see emoticons, non-Textr contact will see text equivolents: :wub: :D
  • Optional new message notification popup will appear in front of any application when a new message arrives.
  • New "Textr" item on the home screen shows how many unread text messages you have.
  • Create new messages
  • Add a single or multiple contacts to the message
  • Add emoticons and smilies
  • Character/Message counter on the bottom
  • Textr has a variety of options
  • Choose your display name
  • Choose the color for your and your contact's name
  • Choose a location to store chat logs
  • Right after you send a text message, the text will appear in gray until it actually sends and then it will appear black.

Under the terms of our 'Plus Partnership', MoDaCo Plus members can now benefit from a copy of Textr - worth $14.95 - absolutely FREE!

Check out their site at http://www.mykesoft.com/textr/index.php for more info, and MoDaCo Plus members, check out your dedicated area for this great application :D

Enjoy!

P

Would your company like to become a 'Plus Partner'? Click Here to contact us!

Guest nickcornaglia

I tried it today and...ummmm...I dunno. It's okay.

But there are a couple of things I dont like.

1) You can exit the program. If it's going to take over your SMS messages...it should take them over, unless I uninstall. Is there a way to never make it close, even if I hit X?

2) I REALLY LIKE THREADED SMS! I want it on my phone. But every app I try doesn't integrate with the EXISTING today screen message count and notifications. The New Text Message Icon doesnt appear in the iconbar. I have a Touch and the Text message count doesnt channge when I have a text. I need to activate the seperate plugin...which I really dont want to do.

3) What's with the progress bar when sending, and opening texts. There is a bit too much of a delay in the app overall and the progress bar emphasizes it.

If these were fixed I would use it...but for now...I removed it, still in search of a more perfect Threaded SMS app.

Dosn't work for me.

Loaded it, it crashed and got this error message

Can't find PInvoke DLL 'sqlceme30.dll

And ys I did reboot the phone, made no difference.

MDA Vario I (WM5)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gazbert

Tried installing it on my Vario III. Get a message telling me my trial has expired. This is wrong, since this is a brand new phone and is the 1st time I've tried to install it. This seems to be a very common problem judging by the MykeSoft forums with no known fix as yet.

Oopsy.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.