Alternative to car cradle

Guest Webreaper

Guest Webreaper

I tried the GPS/Satnav out in the car last night for the first time. Works really well. I just dropped the phone into the cup-holder and it worked just fine (if slightly obscured by the gearstick occasionally). ;)

I also noticed that with the reasonably flat dashboard in my Leon, the Kaiser works quite well just sat on the dash with the screen tilted up. The rubber backing isn't quite grippy enough to stop it slipping around, but nearly. So I'm thinking, rather than coughing up £30 for a car cradle which I won't need that much (don't use satnav all the time, just occasionally when I'm going somewhere new) I might just get some of that super-grippy rubber matting, and sit the kaiser on that on the dash. Should work nicely. :D

Anyone know where you buy the stuff? :wub:

Guest 3waygeek
So I'm thinking, rather than coughing up £30 for a car cradle which I won't need that much (don't use satnav all the time, just occasionally when I'm going somewhere new) I might just get some of that super-grippy rubber matting, and sit the kaiser on that on the dash. Should work nicely. :D

Anyone know where you buy the stuff? :wub:

Try a grocery store or a store that sells kitchen stuff -- that matting is often used as shelf liner. If that doesn't pan out, try Google ;)