Resco Audio Recorder released for Smartphone

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Resco Audio Recorder, the leading audio recording solution for Pocket PC, has now made the transition to Smartphone!

Available immediately from the Resco site for $19.95 (with a free trial available), the application includes a wealth of features, including...

• One button recording
  • MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Speex, WAV and RAF support
  • Equalizer, Real VAS, Noise filter, Gain control
  • Automated phone call recording
  • Simple player
  • Powerful file manager
  • Clear design
  • One hand control
  • Instant startup
  • Fast export
  • Many actions for HW buttons
  • Scheduled recording or playback
  • Bookmarks
  • Sleep timer
  • Command line

I know a lot of Smartphone users have been waiting for much of this functionality a while - and the automated phone call recording is sure to make it a hit!

An additional code pack (priced at $9.95) adds AAC encoding and decoding, together with MP3 encoding (MP3 decoding is in the base product).

Enjoy - screenshots follow ;)

P

rescoplayer1.jpgrescoplayer2.jpgrescoplayer3.jpg

rescoplayer4.jpgrescoplayer5.jpgrescoplayer6.jpg

Glad that they did a demo version, it doesn't work, at least not on my QTEK 8500 anyway. It doesn't automatically record calls and when I recorded them myself I could only hear my own voice! Half a conversation is about as useful as no conversation.

I was really hoping that this would be the solution to the smartphone call recording problem as well. I am still using my Siemens SL45 to record my important calls, despite having a smartphone since 2003. I guess that won't be changing anytime some.

Maybe the Linux phones will have this functionality.

Thanks Paul. I tried that one as well, but couldn't get it to record my calls automatically and for some reason couldn't make a call once I'd started recording with the meeting notes, or voice recorder options either.

I don't understand why this functionality has been lacking in Smartphones, it's almost as if they are purposely designed not to record phone calls as the Voice Notes app stops recording when you make a call in every Smartphone that I have had. In most other phones, Siemens SL45 and even the Motorola Razr, you just press a button to record a phone call and have great recordings.

Maybe it's because recording calls is illegal in most countries? Just an idea...

I thought that as well at one point, but I think that it is a misconception, after all most companies record the telephone calls made to them by their customers ("Your call may be recorded..." etc). It is certainly perfectly legal to record your telephone calls in the UK according to the Ofcom website. I believe that it is also legal in most US states.

Legal or not most other phones have that ability. Maybe it is a Smartphone requirement not to be able to record calls, or maybe a HTC thing?

Edited by PaulT

Guest Menneisyys
Glad that they did a demo version, it doesn't work, at least not on my QTEK 8500 anyway. It doesn't automatically record calls and when I recorded them myself I could only hear my own voice! Half a conversation is about as useful as no conversation.

I was really hoping that this would be the solution to the smartphone call recording problem as well. I am still using my Siemens SL45 to record my important calls, despite having a smartphone since 2003. I guess that won't be changing anytime some.

Maybe the Linux phones will have this functionality.

Unfortunately, VERY few PPC's / Smartphones support reecording calls. One of them is the HTC Oxygen / s310 - a pretty mediocre, but cheap Smartphone. I only use it for phoning purposes because of the 100% support for call recording.

Also see my related articles in the local MoDaCo forum; I've published seveeral articles on call recordinig.

Guest Menneisyys
Maybe it's because recording calls is illegal in most countries? Just an idea...

Nope, on the contrary - the vast majority of US states allow for call recording. The situation is pretty much same in the rest of the world.

I've published some articles on the legal issues of call recording; you might want to chek them.(I think I've also cross-posted the legal one to the general Smartphone forum here.)

Guest Menneisyys
Thanks Paul. I tried that one as well, but couldn't get it to record my calls automatically and for some reason couldn't make a call once I'd started recording with the meeting notes, or voice recorder options either.

I don't understand why this functionality has been lacking in Smartphones, it's almost as if they are purposely designed not to record phone calls as the Voice Notes app stops recording when you make a call in every Smartphone that I have had. In most other phones, Siemens SL45 and even the Motorola Razr, you just press a button to record a phone call and have great recordings.

It's the hardware that doesn't allow for call recording; this is why not any call recordes work.

It's the hardware that doesn't allow for call recording; this is why not any call recordes work.

Vito Audio Notes and PM recorder record call records. I'm using a t-mobile sda, how does the hardware allow it in this case?

The SDA does allow for recording calls - most other Smartphones and Pocket PC's don't.

BTW, my latest article on these matters is at http://www.modaco.com/Review-decent-phone-call-t255512.html

so whats the difference between the hardware teh SDA has verses other devices? why does hardware matter? sound is sound, and why cant it be recorded?

Unfortunately, VERY few PPC's / Smartphones support reecording calls. One of them is the HTC Oxygen / s310 - a pretty mediocre, but cheap Smartphone. I only use it for phoning purposes because of the 100% support for call recording.

Also see my related articles in the local MoDaCo forum; I've published seveeral articles on call recordinig.

Had a look at those articles, gave PMRecorder a try and was amazed to find that it worked perfectly! It automatically records all my calls, records both sides of the conversation clearly and with PMRBackup takes them off my phone and puts them onto my PC. All for free.

Thanks Menneisyys, no more changing phones before important calls.

Guest Menneisyys
so whats the difference between the hardware teh SDA has verses other devices? why does hardware matter? sound is sound, and why cant it be recorded?

Because the built-in mike only records half of the conversation: YOUR voice, not that of the other party.

Recording the other party is just disabled in many Smartphone and most PPC models.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.