i600 WM6 Upgrade NOT going to be available in the UK???

Guest Jamcl

Guest wilson_pilson

Oh well easy come easy go. This is a shame but I would not say it is something worth getting too wound up about. Samsung are not really under any obligation to do this. The way I look at it it would have been a nice bonus had it happened but it does not really affect the use of the handset. It still does what it said it would do in the first place. Still would have been nice.... ;)

Edited by wilson_pilson

Guest chucky.egg

That's an old item, and when Tracy and Matt posted about it Samsung said that it was just because they were redeveloping the website.

Having said that I got an email from Samsung a couple of days ago (posted elsewhere here) to say that they don't know "if or when" the UK version will come out.

TBH the phone I bought was WM5, and I knew that going in, so I'm not overly fussed. I downloaded the updater from another country (following the guide elsewhere) but have no plans to install it yet - but I've got it if I need/want it.

What annoys me is that if I was one of the 3 people in Lithunia with a mobile phone I could have had the update a couple of weeks ago!

Guest colonel_butt

i spoke to samsung support in the UK last week.

they said that a UK update was likely, but Samsung HQ was keeping ther cards close to their chest and it was not certain.

bear in mind that the 3 biggest markets, france, germany and the UK are not up. he said that they had more providers and samsung had to do more work to ensure that branded phones, like the Orange one, had their own version of the OS.

nothing new, but not a no!