Wi-Fi won't connect to the internet

Guest MJGizzy

hey all, i m facing a problem with my vox, i can't connect to the internet via wi-fi, i have tried to set the power settings to "best performance", i kept the bluetooth on, but it just wont work, however, when i type the ip adress of any website, it will go to the page, but wont follow any hyperlinks... wut should i do???

Seems to be a problem regarding DNS.

Do you have enabled DHCP in your router?

yes, my D-link router is enabling DHCP, my wireless network as well (belkin)

what do i have 2 do now?

Guest andy_sutton

In order to automatically switch to the best connection between GPRS and WiFi you have to change the IE Options for the connection. Under Options/Connections set Select Network to "Internet". The default setting is "WAP Network".

still won't work...:'(

Try something different maybe there is compatibility issue between s710 and your router(AP)

If your computer has a wireless network card do this:

1. You do not have to share any connection that is using internet. Just go to network connections (hold down CTRL) and select

Local area network (should be the network which has connection to internet) and Wireless connection -> Right click on it and

choose bridge connections

2. Make sure that connection you have established (computer and S710) is AD-HOC mode (computer to computer)

3. Then you can setup your phone if needed by the manual (it is all written in handbook)

This method worked for me on Vista ultimate and WinXP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Pumatex

Hi All,

I have a similar problem. We have a wireless network at home and the phone connects to it (router), gets the IP, etc. The connection looks good but this is the only one thingBut I cannot see the phone from the comuter, so I cannot browse it. And the other problem is that I cannot connect to the internet. I read the posts here, but my problem is more difficult, because my notebook is connected to the LAN and web via Wifi and if I make a computer-to-computer AD-HOC setting, it disconnects the LAN.

And as I see the ActiveSync does not support the wifi connection. ??

So what I want: browse the phone via wifi from notebook and browse the web from phone via wifi connection.

I hope you are smart and advanced users so please help me. ;)