Blank/Black Screen on my Vox...HELP!

Guest tstaiano

Guest tstaiano

Any help is appreciated...

I was going along fine yesterday when I took my Vox out of my pocket and couldn't see anything on the screen. I know it's getting power because it has a faint glow to the screen when I cycle my phone on/off. Also, it 'glows' when I'm in the dark and hit a key (setting the keypad ligts off.)

Since they only way to do a hardreset (that I know of) is through the Expert folder (which I CAN"T SEE), does anyone else know another way to hardreset through keystrokes? I've tried soft resetting (remove the battery for 3min), but that doesn't help.

TIA

Tim

Guest lessirey

hard reset -> hold down two softkeys (those above button 1 and 3) while switching on the phone .. till you see a black and white screen with the alert to reset

goodluck ;)

Guest tstaiano
hard reset -> hold down two softkeys (those above button 1 and 3) while switching on the phone .. till you see a black and white screen with the alert to reset

goodluck ;)

Thanks...

question...what key do you hit to initiate the reset? I've done what you've asked, but still can't see anything on my screen.

• 4 months later...
Guest Jim Riley

hmmm

I have the same problem, started today, black screen, tried hard reset, no joy, going to phone orange to see what next.

This problem is mentioned in a couple of other posts with no solution .....yet

Guest Jim Riley

:D

hmmm

I have the same problem, started today, black screen, tried hard reset, no joy, going to phone orange to see what next.

This problem is mentioned in a couple of other posts with no solution .....yet

phoned orange helpline, I explained about hard reset etc, the lass on the other end gave me a replacement without any problem. I asked if it was a known issue, she said it's fairly regular occurence. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest mikeboy

I have experienced the same problem continuosly with my phone since i bought it in may last year. I just recieved a replacement and same problem. Very annoying as i love the phone but screen is useless!!

• 1 month later...
Guest de vetnek

I have more or less the same prob. backlight switches off but a faint glow remains.

I d guess it has something to do with Tornado Powercontrol settings. if you have this program installed try fiddling around a little and see what happens