MDA Vario key stuck

Guest visteon

My MDA Vario has developed a problem where the u key appears to be stuck down.

I have disconnected the keyboard internally, cleared out the memory and re-loaded the ROM without success.

I cannot hard reset because the unit thinks I have pressed the u key instead of the send button.

It looks like it may have to go back for repair.

Any ideas ? ;)

If its less than 12 months old it will still be covered by the manufacturers warranty, phone T-Mo to arrange a repair through your nearest retailer, and ask them to arrange a courtesy phone for you while it's away, which will be available from the store for you whan you drop your Vario in. (though don't expect anything special!!)

usually thay will just exchange it for a new one

This is exactly what I did earlier this year and although it took them a couple of weeks the service, as usual with T-Mobile, was excellent ;)

Guest Evilkern
If its less than 12 months old it will still be covered by the manufacturers warranty, phone T-Mo to arrange a repair through your nearest retailer, and ask them to arrange a courtesy phone for you while it's away, which will be available from the store for you whan you drop your Vario in. (though don't expect anything special!!)

usually thay will just exchange it for a new one

This is exactly what I did earlier this year and although it took them a couple of weeks the service, as usual with T-Mobile, was excellent ;)

Also if you want things rushing a bit, i had a problem with mine and when i went in to the t mobile shop they said i'd be without it for a month or so and no courtesy phone.....so i rang up t mobile and they organised a brand new vario to be couriered out to me next day, with no mention of wanting the broke one back....so i fixed it, not beign worried about voiding warrenty:)