Pre-order the T-Mobile MDA Vario III

Guest WoD

post-223283-1190065124_thumb.jpg

For those of us who haven't already got our Kaisers and are happily hunched over our angled screens it's becoming an antagonizing game of patience. The Kaiser is already available with Vodafone and Orange, though through slightly less than official channels; stopping existing Vodafone/Orange users from simply upgrading.

If you can stand the wait, and the uglified MDA Vario III variant of the Kaiser then T-Mobile is currently looking like the best choice. You can pre-order your MDA Vario III at Power Up Mobile. Albeit on a number of somewhat restrictive tariffs which appear to be missing Web n' Walk Plus and Max options. Still, the prices look promising and you will be able to take advantage of Web n' Walk and should, in theory, be one of the first to receive a Vario III.

Information on the release date of the MDA Vario III is still ropey, however the T-Mobile UK website states September and I've been personally told to expect it "about the 24th September". Interestingly Power Up Mobile states the 30th, a conservative estimate if ever there was one.

Happy Kaiser hunting! And don't forget you still have until the 24th September to win a brand new MoDaCo special HTC Kaiser by joining in the Palringo fun.

Guest xorangefirex

It's just incredibly hideous. Although, through luck or just plain over searching the internet, I have found a solid amount of reliable sources saying that all the negative press the "uglified", as WOD so aptly dubbed it, version got caused a "rethinking" of what it will look like. Though they have kept the whole color scheme, gray on silver, it seems that they might be putting the buttons back to the original HTC version. So for all of you T-Mobile users out there, for your sakes, I hope this information is true.

The photo on T-Mobile's 'coming soon' page shows it with the TyTn II buttons and no branding, although I have seen photos on the web (can't remember where) of a REAL device and its the one in the photo above

Guess we'll just have to wait and see, although going on T-Mo's past I would expect the version as above, with the branding and a Web n Walk button.............nice

Guest monkey2nut

If I didn't want the uglified T-Mobile version would a possible solution be to buy a HTC branded version (SIM free) and then get a SIM only plan from T-Mobile with web-n-walk plus ?

Guest Stuart_f
If I didn't want the uglified T-Mobile version would a possible solution be to buy a HTC branded version (SIM free) and then get a SIM only plan from T-Mobile with web-n-walk plus ?

I'm not sure a sim only plan with web-n-walk plus exists. I would imagine you would have to buy it on a contract with a free phone then sell the phone. Please correct me if I am wrong because this is exactly what I want to do.

Guest monkey2nut
I'm not sure a sim only plan with web-n-walk plus exists. I would imagine you would have to buy it on a contract with a free phone then sell the phone. Please correct me if I am wrong because this is exactly what I want to do.

I don't know. I'll call T-Mobole this afternoon and let you know what they say. Just hope I get to speak to someone sensible.

I don't know. I'll call T-Mobole this afternoon and let you know what they say. Just hope I get to speak to someone sensible.

Don't forget, you'll pay through the nose for a sim free Kaiser ;)

Guest sxywill2005

I was told to expect October along with all the other devices released for Christmas.

No T-Mob don't do a decent sim only plan as they like you to use a phone of which they "approve" of.

I hit Tottenham Court Road today for a look at the Kaiser/TyTN II situation, many places are out of stock with stock expected later today or tomorrow. The places that weren't out of stock wanted £500+ but my indianish other half managed to talk them down to £490ish minimum. I think the MoDaCo Kaiser special offer over at Expansys is the best way to go.

I'm pretty sure T-Mobile don't do any good sim-only plans to speak of but you will definitely be able to buy a plan with a free phone and sell that phone, along with your old phone, to take some of the sting out of buying a Kaiser. I'm planning to do this myself if all else fails.

Guest thelondonthing

Still waiting for the Vario III to be released as we all are - seems that the 24 September date was a bit optimistic.

However, I did notice today that on the T-Mobile site - in the "Coming Soon" section - the image has changed from the one in WoD's post to this:

mda_vario_iii.jpg

...a design that's rather better looking than the original Vario III images that we've seen, and closer in appearance to the TyTN II.

When the Vario III was first mentioned on the Coming Soon page, T-Mobile erroneously included a picture of the MDA Compact III in the feature; this was later amended with a picture showing the design seen in WoD's post. I'm finding it hard to understand why they would now change the corrected image with a different picture, unless this latest picture represented the final (or at least most recent) design - but I'm further confused by the lack of T-Mobile branding on this latest image.

Can anyone shine some light on this? Is the Vario III going to feature a design that's closer to the TyTN II? And are there any more specific details on when it might actually be released, in whatever form that may be?

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Is it just me or does that picture makes it look remarkably like a Nokia N95? (Yes i know its nothing like an N95 to a learned eye, it reminded me of one at first glance though)

Guest londonthing

Just to let you all know its been released by T-Mobile today. I just phoned the upgrade department and on a Flext 75 contract they tried to charge me 19.99 for it. I told them not interested unless it was free and after the lady spoke to her manager they agreed to do the deal for Free. Getting it tommorow before 1pm. YIPPEE!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.