.NET Framework and SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition?

Guest FlangeArtist

Guest FlangeArtist

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone knows or has found out yet or not, but does Windows Mobile 6 have already installed the .NET Comapct Framework and/or SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition? If so, what versions?

I really want to get back on-track my GPS tracking application to produce a "Where Is X? 24/7" and also "Where has X been the last Y period?" which ties into a Web Service and Web site with Google Maps/Virtual Earth.

Guest FlangeArtist
Hi all,

Not sure if anyone knows or has found out yet or not, but does Windows Mobile 6 have already installed the .NET Comapct Framework and/or SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition? If so, what versions?

I really want to get back on-track my GPS tracking application to produce a "Where Is X? 24/7" and also "Where has X been the last Y period?" which ties into a Web Service and Web site with Google Maps/Virtual Earth.

According to the M$FT Developer notes for the WM6 SDK: "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition (formerly known as Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition) is a powerful database engine and query system, included in the ROM on all Windows Mobile 6 devices. Devices using Windows Mobile Version 5.0, may install SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition from this MSDN location."

Guest FlangeArtist
According to the M$FT Developer notes for the WM6 SDK: "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition (formerly known as Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition) is a powerful database engine and query system, included in the ROM on all Windows Mobile 6 devices. Devices using Windows Mobile Version 5.0, may install SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition from this MSDN location."

Got my own reply :-)

The .NET Compact Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Microsoft SQL Serverâ„¢ 2005 Compact Edition are in the ROM of all Windows Mobile 6 devices, which allows your application to use .NET Compact Framework 2.0 and SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition without needing to distribute or install either product on the user's device. This reduces the time and cost of application deployment resulting in direct monetary savings.

An improved Device Emulator that provides greater device fidelity offering new emulation states including transitions between AC power and battery power, and changes in battery charge level.

A new Global Position System (GPS) test utility, FakeGPS, allows you to test your location-enabled applications without needing access to a GPS device.

A new Cellular Emulator that works in conjunction with the Device Emulator to enable you to test your application's behavior in a variety of cellular scenarios such as incoming phone calls, incoming SMS messages, dropped phone calls, and dropped data connectivity.