TyTN II + 6GB microSDHC card

Guest dt11

Hi,

I can inform that there's no problem using 6GB microSDHC card with TyTN II. It's pretty cool! So much space! ;) Time to bin my old flash drive :wub:

It's interesting to know if 8GB card can be used with the phone?

dt11

Guest FlangeArtist

I bought (and am still waiting delivery of *sigh*) a 4Gb microSDHC from eXpansys, with the £10 off voucher from getting the MoDaCo TyTN II offer :-)

Don't really need a huge amount of space as I have a 80Gb iPOD (and boy do I need it!), but will be goot to play around with and store loads!

Guest Webreaper
I bought (and am still waiting delivery of *sigh*) a 4Gb microSDHC from eXpansys

Yeah. My SD card actually showed as 'shipped' last Tuesday, and when I cancelled the order on Monday this week it was showing as 14 days for stock. I spoke to them a few days and they kept saying "they're coming in today", but couldn't actually tell me when the stock was actually going to arrive.

I ordered from Play in the end - by the time you take into account the fact that they're £5 cheaper and Expansys were charging me shipping on the SD card, Play work out at about £2 more expensive than the £10-off price.... and I'm expecting my card to arrive today.

Having said that, wish I'd spent £9 more on a 6GB card from Moby. <sigh> Ah well, I'll swap it for an 8GB one after Christmas. ;)

Guest tassos avramidis
Yeah. My SD card actually showed as 'shipped' last Tuesday, and when I cancelled the order on Monday this week it was showing as 14 days for stock. I spoke to them a few days and they kept saying "they're coming in today", but couldn't actually tell me when the stock was actually going to arrive.

I ordered from Play in the end - by the time you take into account the fact that they're £5 cheaper and Expansys were charging me shipping on the SD card, Play work out at about £2 more expensive than the £10-off price.... and I'm expecting my card to arrive today.

Having said that, wish I'd spent £9 more on a 6GB card from Moby. Ah well, I'll swap it for an 8GB one after Christmas. ;)

My 4gb is on the way to i am glad it works i bought it not knowing if it works .

Guest lanzinha

Well, just got my hands in the new 6GB Micro SDHCcard from www.mobymemory.com (38,99€ ), but my Kayser only arrives tomorrow :wub:

I will test it tomorrow, and report back the results...

It´s really amazing how this tiny little card can hold 6GB of data...

;)

Edited by lanzinha

Well, just got my hands in the new 6GB Micro SDHCcard from www.mobymemory.com (38,99€ ), but my Kayser only arrives tomorrow :wub:

I will test it tomorrow, and report back the results...

It´s really amazing how this tiny little card can hold 6GB of data...

;)

I just bought a 4Gb from my old company.. not many people post about them so here is a link

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo...roductID=647742

there in stock and ship on a next day. I should have my new PDA today and will save the voucher for a car holder when they release one, unless the Tytn will work?

are the 6gb ones you are buying the scandisk ones?

id prefer to wait until they release the 8gb cards in the higher class (class 3?) for faster loading and saving times.

but until then, 4gb microSDHC and tytn II on the way!!!

Edited by Rayder

The 6GB cards are available at Amazon.co.uk for £34... Hopefully mine will arive soon! <_<

Dan

I looked at the 6Gb version after the 4Gb but will wait for the 8Gb and if they allow faster running times ;) I have the 4GB Sandisk version and it works brilliantly. I just need to find some more programs for my new device.

Guest dolbe666
I think that is a problem everybody has at the moment :wub:

Not me, ive got all my software from my last two windows mobiles ;)

plus i know how to obtain what i need :D

Guest dead_beat

I spoke to HTC customer support today and they said the only cards that are compatible are "class 2 sdhc" cards. After digging around online all i can find i class 4 6gb cards ;)

I can find loads of class 2 4gb cards!

Can someone confirm to let me know if the class 4 cards work fine with the vario 3 if not then where on earth did you find your class 2 6gb cards?!

Cheers.

Kang.

Guest Phil Lee
I spoke to HTC customer support today and they said the only cards that are compatible are "class 2 sdhc" cards. After digging around online all i can find i class 4 6gb cards ;)

I can find loads of class 2 4gb cards!

Can someone confirm to let me know if the class 4 cards work fine with the vario 3 if not then where on earth did you find your class 2 6gb cards?!

Cheers.

Kang.

I'm happily using a SanDisk Class 4 6Gb MicroSDHC card in my Vario III. I got mine from MobyMemory.

Guest dead_beat

Lovely jubbly Phil! I'm gonna order my card 2mo and put a few movies onto it! Can just chill on long train journies and watch movies... That's if the battery lasts long enough! lol

Guest Rosentorp
The 6GB cards are available at Amazon.co.uk for £34... Hopefully mine will arive soon! <_<

Dan

Have you got the card and tested it yet?

/Anders

Guest gazbert

I have a 6GB Sandisk. On day 2 I found it had decided that none of my installed apps were present. So I formatted the card as FAT32 on my Vista PC and it's been working fine since.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Subliminal Aura

I see a lot of happy bunnies here - I take it that you're using the Sandisk 6gb Class 4 Micro SD card ?

I'm a bit confused here as memorybits are saying 1.5MB/s write which sucks :(

https://www.memorybits.co.uk/shop/micro-sd-...er-sdcd6gb/4921

Whereas moby actually specify Class 4

http://www.mobymemory.com/products/SanDisk...-USB-reader.asp

Are these products different ? Cant be ? ;)

To those who have this card I'm assuming that you can transfer a gig onto it in around 250-300seconds or say 5mins ?

Thanks

Ripped from wikipedia...

2. microSDHC Memory Card[citation needed] (1) Realizes large 8 GB capacity in a microSDHC Card. It can store 139 hours of music at a bit rate of 128kbit/s. (2) "Class 4” SD Speed Class, guaranteeing sustained data write at 4 MB/s. (3) Integrates highly secure CPRM copyright technology.

SDHC cards have SD Speed Class Ratings defined by the SD Association. The SD Speed Class Ratings specify the following minimum sustained write speed on to empty SDHC cards:

• Class 2: 2 MB/s
  • Class 4: 4 MB/s
  • Class 6: 6 MB/s