GPS setup on Kaiser

Guest xbohdpukc

Guest xbohdpukc

Guys,

could anyone please tell me how to go about setting up the GPS for the first time? I tried google maps and it always tell me something like "GPS not responding" though I see the LED blinking. Tried to install TomTom but for some weird reason IE freezes when it tries to download map from tomtom site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Guest Webreaper

There is no setup. Leave it alone unless you want to hard-reset.

You can download the map via a PC and ActiveSync it to your PC. Try running QuickGPS to get some GPS location data onto the unit. Then put the device outside (or near a window) and run either TomTom (if you get the map working) or something like MS Live Search which doesn't have the daft 15s GPS timeout like Google maps. It'll get a fix eventually.

Guest zachto_man
There is no setup. Leave it alone unless you want to hard-reset.

You can download the map via a PC and ActiveSync it to your PC. Try running QuickGPS to get some GPS location data onto the unit. Then put the device outside (or near a window) and run either TomTom (if you get the map working) or something like MS Live Search which doesn't have the daft 15s GPS timeout like Google maps. It'll get a fix eventually.

I have been using GpsViewer to fix the GPS before using GoogleMaps or TomTom. It's available at:

http://www.wayviewer.de/en/gpsviewer.html

[Later] a better download site:

http://pocketmap.com/accessories/GpsViewer.exe

It gets a fix in 5 - 10 seconds and even gets it in my house. You can keep it active while you switch to TomTom or GoogleMaps and the fix for them is really quick.

The only disadvantage is that it doesn't remember com4 between sessions. But that is fairly small change. It opens to the set up panel and you just flick it to com 4 and 'open GPS'

Give it a try.

Cheers.

karlo

Edited by zachto_man