Tytn issues

Guest woodyuk

Hi

Got my TyTn 2 last week and loving it.

However got few annoying problems.

1. How can I stop it that when I am on call it locks the phone and turns he back light off. Makes it a pain to end the call or use other functions such as taking notes.

2. I have setup a VPN to my office and its says its all setup, however I cannot find any way to connect to the VPN.

3. I am using a Macbook Pro at home and installed Missing Sync. I have tried the bluetooth and USB cable but cannot get it to connect. Any ideas?

Not had the overheating problems others are reporting and battery is lasting a good day or so for me.

GPS software was NOT on my cd, bought from a London store (sim free) at the weekend. I had delivery of tomtom6 today, which once installed works amazing! better than my satnav unit I have in my car. :-)

All in all its a great device, but having moved from Symbian 60 phones have to learn a lot about the tweaks and apps out there

Thanks for running a great site, been reading a lot of the threads today.

I'm using a Macbook and Missing sync - so far I've only used it with a USB cable but this works OK. Have you checked on Activesync on the pocket PC that USB connections to the Macbook are enabled? I'd also suggest using it with no other windows open - the dialog which tells you it is connecting hides in the background behind all the other windows so you don't know what is going on. It seems a little unpredictable - sometimes it doesn't work for no obvious reason and then works again - a bit like earlier version of Activesync on Windows.

1. How can I stop it that when I am on call it locks the phone and turns he back light off. Makes it a pain to end the call or use other functions such as taking notes.

Modifying the DWORD stored in:

\HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\EnableFastDormantDisplayDuringCall

from "1" to "0" seems to leave the screen on (probably falling back to the backlight/power settings)...