Tytn Issues

Guest Alkali

I have just received my device and i have so many issues i would like Honourable members of this forum to help me get solution

1)When i open the key board on the today screen (landscape mode) i do not see all my programs like when the device is in a potrait

mode.They just disappeared.I can only see date and the clock on the today screen.Even when i sroll down they do not show.

2) It will sometime hung and no matter what i do, it will only come "ON" when i soft reset.

3) I activated "Windows Live" and i can read my hotmail inbox on the device but my other folders all show empty even when i "send

and receive". folders like "sent" ,"Junk" and others all show blank.

4) The "connection Setup' always comes on when i switched the phone ON and OFF. Is there a way to disable that.

Guest shaun1208
I have just received my device and i have so many issues i would like Honourable members of this forum to help me get solution

1)When i open the key board on the today screen (landscape mode) i do not see all my programs like when the device is in a potrait

mode.They just disappeared.I can only see date and the clock on the today screen.Even when i sroll down they do not show.

2) It will sometime hung and no matter what i do, it will only come "ON" when i soft reset.

3) I activated "Windows Live" and i can read my hotmail inbox on the device but my other folders all show empty even when i "send

4) The "connection Setup' always comes on when i switched the phone ON and OFF. Is there a way to disable that.

least your able to get your e-mails onto the tytn II, i have set it up and i'm trying to get my e-mails over wi-fi and it keeps saying that it failed and its sumthing to do with the servers.

Guest Nick Le Lievre

This is known as the standby of death or SOD. Your the 4th person to report this so far. I had the Standby of Death SOD this is when the phone fails to come out of standby with a power button press. This issue only affects some people on some networks. I'm not sure if its a network problem or a software problem but as only a minority of people have it, I suspect its mainly a network problem there is a software solution.

The solution is to change the phone settings band option from auto 3G/2G to either 3G Only (WCDMA + UTMS 2100 in Europe) or 2G Only (GSM + AUTO) depending on your requirements.

Also read this thread new SIM solves problem where the resolution was to get a new SIM.

Obviously this only solves the problem when the crash is because of the sim and/or settings which impact the sim. To rule out a software cause its best to start with a hard reset.

Edited by Nick Le Lievre

Guest dbaleanu

Need to Synchronise them. Menu -> Tools -> Manage Folders, and tick all that you want brought onto PDA. By default only Inbox is on.

Looks like your options are

1. send it back and get a unit that works perfectly without any interference.

2. keep it and have a unit that works perfectly as long as you can remember to reset it every day.

Two perfectly reasonable and equally valid options I'm sure you'll agree.

Guest dolbe666
My Tytn II works perfect too 13 days without an SOD.

ok now to make your point valid, leave the phone without reseting it everyday to see if you still have the problem. if you continue to have a problem after two weeks of resetting it then its got to be a fault if it reaccurs. you have already stated more dont have your problem than do

so therefore it is a problem that is not frequent yet is still a p

oblem none the less.

so you need to either let it rest and stop these days of reset posts and live with it, or get it sorted. the tytn annoyances post is over ridden with your SOD posts