Status Lights?!

Guest Animal Mother

Guest Animal Mother

Hi guys,

Basically, I am away from home - cant find any help online anywhere - guys at the orange shop dont know whats up - The green light at the top left beside where it says E650 is on all the time. I have nothing turned on, to my knowledge anyway. THis just seems to have happened and now whatever it is the battery life of the phone is ridiculusly low. Tlaking about 12 hours from 100% to phone not able to turn on when it goes off. I'm pretty sure that the light was never permantently on like htis before. I would appreciate it if someone could shed any light on what this light means??!

Regards

Robin

Below is an optional light-hearted tale of woe - just to give my experience of the phone

I'm now on my 4th E650/S710 - a variety of incidents befell the last 3. THe 1st one had a battery life of about 12 hours, when I went to the orange shop the dude maintained that this was normal and that you shouldnt expect any more out of it, which I knew was rubbish. He went on to say that the 7 days standby was a guideline and only applied if you didnt use the phone. Anyway after a lot of fighting I was able to get a new one under the 28 day guarentee. When I turned my this one on I could instantly see what the problem with the old one was - the backlight was always on even tho I had it timing out after 30 seconds and stuff. This one worked well until one day the screen jsut went blank, and that was that - game over. Hence the 3rd came forward. He lasted an impressive 3 days before I turfed it down some concrete steps at work by accident and broke the navigation pad. ANd now here I am again - the 4th one has lasted a monstrous 2 months but alas here I am away from home for the next 3 months and I havnt got my user guide.

Guest Animal Mother

HAving looked through the manual there is no mention of a Solid Green Left Hand LED - according to the manual it should be Flashing Green or Blue depedning on the Wifi/Bluetooth situation. Any other ideas?! Many thanks!

Robin

Guest wizgnome
HAving looked through the manual there is no mention of a Solid Green Left Hand LED - according to the manual it should be Flashing Green or Blue depedning on the Wifi/Bluetooth situation. Any other ideas?! Many thanks!

Robin

External power connected and battery fully charged. ;)

Guest Animal Mother

OK the light may mean that - however the phone is definately not connected to my PC or to the AC adaptor. The battery is most definately not full either! I have taken it out and let it sit to think about what its doing. WHen I turn it on again still have the Green Light - I have run the battery flat and recharged it but to no avail. A guy in another Orange shop which I tried seemed to think it may be to do with Email I am waiting to receive (I dont have email set up on this phone so I dont think it is that) - I think he may have been refering to the right hand LED which seems to be the one which gives the most information! I really dont want to have to get another phone again. Does the company which makes the phones have an email address - they seem to be uncontactable having fought thru their "Troubleshooting Section"

Regards

Robin

Guest Confucious

I don't know but have you checked out 'Sounds and Notifications' to see if anything is using this light to notify you of anything.

It's just a thought, I could be way off the mark

Guest Animal Mother

Again cheers for that idea, I cant see anything which is giving that sort of output. Im thinking it may be a case of getting a new one?! What a joke - Ive lost count

Robin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Animal Mother

Orange finally came thru - need a new phone

Orangey Green Left Hand Status Light ??? - You got high current consumption and nothing can be done!