Got SPB GPRS monitor with my O2 XDA Orbit - how do I get it working?

Guest jonmck

Guest Neil5459
I have got it successfully installed on my Orbit, but it will not register that I have used any gprs time/data. What settings do I need to have?

Thanks

I can't remember the specifics, as I don't use this program now, but you need to start the GPRS Monitor program, and 1st select which Profile to use (you can have separate proifiles for Mobile Web, WAP, Roaming etc.) With the primary profile selected, go to Menu / Options where you have fields for the various costs/charges and time limits etc (some are predefined, and you can also make custom entries); On one of the tabs is a selection field for which Data connection this configuration refers to- usually My ISP, WAP, Internet or whatever. Select the appropriate connection, then Check 'Monitor this Connection' and save/exit the configuration.

You can then change to another profile if you wish, and go through the process again. Once limitation of GPRS Monitor is that it can't aggregate data counting over the variuous connections- so if you use a WAP setting for some browsing, and Mobile Web for others, you would need to look at the data usage in each profile to get a total data count. Most of us now rely on one main connection, so its not a big problem.

I can't remember the specifics, as I don't use this program now, but you need to start the GPRS Monitor program, and 1st select which Profile to use (you can have separate proifiles for Mobile Web, WAP, Roaming etc.) With the primary profile selected, go to Menu / Options where you have fields for the various costs/charges and time limits etc (some are predefined, and you can also make custom entries); On one of the tabs is a selection field for which Data connection this configuration refers to- usually My ISP, WAP, Internet or whatever. Select the appropriate connection, then Check 'Monitor this Connection' and save/exit the configuration.

You can then change to another profile if you wish, and go through the process again. Once limitation of GPRS Monitor is that it can't aggregate data counting over the variuous connections- so if you use a WAP setting for some browsing, and Mobile Web for others, you would need to look at the data usage in each profile to get a total data count. Most of us now rely on one main connection, so its not a big problem.

I have tried that but it just won't register any web usage.