The 'I got my Vario III' thread

Guest rickyburke

Guest sc0user_75

Any idea when the 8gig'ers will be coming out?

The last time I bought a 2 gig card, a few days later the 4 gig card came out :wub: Wanna make sure I dont that same mistake again ;)

Guest varioIII-lover

oh plop. that would be typical wouldn't it .. to be honest tho, the 8gb is likely to be pricier for a while ..

my ten cents.

v3-L

Guest varioIII-lover

does anyone have a headnod for a good car kit where i can cradle the vario3 and charge it up via cig socket at the same time? one that won't scratch the thing?

also a good protector, maybe to protect the whole thing inc the keyboard, some silicon thing? like see through sandwich wrap?

(i tried that but it wouldn't stay on so i glued it all down with superglue ..)

v3-L

Guest sc0user_75

For all those who have their VIII - could you please confirm that when you have the screen in Landscape mode, the first line of the Today screen does NOT show???

I get the main screen where the date and Icons are - but the bottom bit - where you have your meetings, to-do-list etc does not show at all.

Thanks

Guest kubrick1977
For all those who have their VIII - could you please confirm that when you have the screen in Landscape mode, the first line of the Today screen does NOT show???

I get the main screen where the date and Icons are - but the bottom bit - where you have your meetings, to-do-list etc does not show at all.

Thanks

Just received my Vario III today (free on Flext 35 18 month; no Web n Walk at the moment...)

Yes, I can confirm the same issue that the first line does NOT show...

Guest Tothotspur
Just received my Vario III today (free on Flext 35 18 month; no Web n Walk at the moment...)

Yes, I can confirm the same issue that the first line does NOT show...

how did you manage to get it free?

Guest kubrick1977
how did you manage to get it free?

New contract via T-Mobile Business Sales... To be honest they originally quoted £99.99 but I haggled them down to £69.99; When the phone didn't get delivered on Monday as they had promised I kicked up a fuss and voila to my surprise we got it at zero! ;)

Guest Tothotspur
New contract via T-Mobile Business Sales... To be honest they originally quoted £99.99 but I haggled them down to £69.99; When the phone didn't get delivered on Monday as they had promised I kicked up a fuss and voila to my surprise we got it at zero! ;)

ok. looks like i am going to have to take up a new plan, they aren't budging on the £180 they want from me

Bollocks! I should've done the same, they did exactly the same to me!

Guest kubrick1977
Bollocks! I should've done the same, they did exactly the same to me!

I'm assuming that you've got your phone? If it was a new connection, don't forget that you have 30 days to return the phone if you're not happy. If you're able to speak to Business Support then speak to Jean (she's so helpful - and extremely polite) as I'm sure that she'd be able to sort you out.

I did get the phone on Tuesday. However does it not sound a bit weird only suddenly getting angry two days after receiving the phone that it was late ;)

Guest GordonTGopher

T-mob have updated their website :D it now says "expected October" ;)

BTW yesterday I managed to get retentions to match the offer in the mag if I upgraded to flext 35, but in the end it wasn't worth the extra monthly spend compared to paying £100 for the phone.

(The offer came after I suggested I could port out and back in and getbthe phone free :wub: )

Gordon

Guest kubrick1977
I did get the phone on Tuesday. However does it not sound a bit weird only suddenly getting angry two days after receiving the phone that it was late ;)

It's your call but I would still kick up a fuss!!! We had to back up all our email, contacts and notes etc from the Orange SPV that we were moving from. A delay of 48 hours meant that the backup had to be performed all over again. I didn't ask for them to discount it to zero but it was nice when they offered!!! :wub:

Guest Tothotspur
T-mob have updated their website :D it now says "expected October" ;)

BTW yesterday I managed to get retentions to match the offer in the mag if I upgraded to flext 35, but in the end it wasn't worth the extra monthly spend compared to paying £100 for the phone.

(The offer came after I suggested I could port out and back in and getbthe phone free :wub: )

Gordon

so they are now acknowledging there actually was this offer in the mag? :D

Edited by Tothotspur

Guest stephenballantyne

Hi,

I've been reading this forum with great interest having been itching to get hold of a Vario III for a fair while. I've got my PAC code from O2 and am all ready to make the leap to T-Mobile, but I can't get a decent deal out of the tele-sales folks.

I'm a pretty light user, so only want Flext 20 with W'n'W. They want £200 for the phone on this contract (which isn't going to happen).

Just wondered if any other new T-Mobile customers had been offered a better price on the same contract.

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by stephenballantyne

Guest ketanc

Hello everyone. ;)

New here infact new to posting in general, this is my first time ever. Just to let you in on my experience.

I ordered my much waited for Vario III on the 1st October & told the lady on the phone that people were getting the phone for less than the £100 she offered on "FlexT 35 WnW". She wouldn't budge so I accepted the offer anyway as I thought its cheaper than buying a HTC TyTn II even after loosing my 50% discount on my last line rental. She let me keep the addiotional 25% off though.

Yesterday morning i got hold of the October 2007 In-store t-mobile catalogue in which I found the Vario III for Free on FlexT30 WnW. Needless to say I was a bit miffed to find that I didn't need to pay for the phone after all.

I rang them yesterday evening to ask for a credit of £100 to my account. As the phone had been dispatched the deal was in place and that I would have to return it on the 14 day return option and re-order it for free.

Today I'm now sitting here watching the sealed box(torture!), thinking if I return it and they've pulled the october magazine from the stores will it be a lot of hassle for nothing when they refuse to honour the deal?

I really really want to open it, I've waited a long time. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't sitting in front of me calling on me to open it.

Your input would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Guest GordonTGopher
so they are now acknowledging there actually was this offer in the mag? ;)

They did when I spoke to them, think it depends who you speak to (maybe even which call centre )

Gordon

Guest varioIII-lover

quick one for you all cuz i know you all like quick ones ..

i was on youtube mobile .. and i can't seem to connect to the rtsp with the vario 3 saying 'failed to find network' it's a streaming media prog for pocket PC version 2.20 build 807-715 from htc corp. it's not liking youtube, and this is what opens up by default when you click on a youtube media clip.

any ideas?

thanks guys,

v3-L

Guest varioIII-lover

damn ..

Download Macromedia Flash Player 7 for Pocket PC - i did.

when i switch to classic view on youtube i get this message ..

'you either have flash player turned off or you're using an old version, get the latest verion HERE. but it's not for pocket devices.

anyone?

v3-L

Guest Adster13

Still contemplating when to get my Vario III as have had fun with the great people of t-mobile.

First time I rang up I could hardly hear the guy as the line was so crackly but they didn't have any in stock (last week). Few days ago spoke to someone who I think was called "jon t 5" or something and he offered me on W&W 35 with £5 off £70 for handset and would drop delivery. Then yesterday had fun arguing with another guy telling me he won't go under £100 for handset on same tariff as above. Explained I had spoken to someone previously offering me a better deal and he kept saying he can't budge on price until it comes out on web, when I asked are your calls recorded he said only for training purposes and there are no notes on the previous offers I was offered. Maybe I should have mentioned that Powerupmobile and others are doing it for £40 on W&W 30. Back to "jon t 5" I do remember him saying quietly (as if reading to himself) give this customer the best deal but who knows.... ;)

Think i'll give a week or two for the web to update and then ring them, as when I check online for normal upgrade (even though out of my contract in september) the prices for any handsets are more then being a new customer.

Will let you guys know if I manage to get a freebie :wub:

What's the deal with W&W? My contract's due for renewal in December. I currently use the XDA Orbit, and TBH I think it's brilliant.

However, I do like the look of the TyTN II - How does the W&W work? Is it *really* unlimited or is there a cap / fair usage policy applied? I'd keen to use the phone as a modem if possible for work and the W&W would enable me to do so without worrying about data usage - is this possible?

Guest jpwjpw
What's the deal with W&W? My contract's due for renewal in December. I currently use the XDA Orbit, and TBH I think it's brilliant.

However, I do like the look of the TyTN II - How does the W&W work? Is it *really* unlimited or is there a cap / fair usage policy applied? I'd keen to use the phone as a modem if possible for work and the W&W would enable me to do so without worrying about data usage - is this possible?

Fair use is 1GB a day I think. I've gone over that rarely and they haven't said anything

Guest jpwjpw

Got my Vario III yesterday. Must say I am more impressed than I thought i'd be. I had a Vario II before and flashed it with Windows Mobile 6 so I thought the only differences would be the GPS and the tilting screen. What I like more though is that the interface has been designed more for my fat fingers (HTC TouchFlo) and the screen seems to be brighter and of a high quality than my Vario II.

Pretty pleased anyway ;) If only it had a VGA res screen....

Edited by jpwjpw

Guest Phil Lee

If you want to use it as a modem you would need to have W&W Plus. That's an extra £5 and allows the phone to be connected to a laptop. The next step up from that is W&W Max which allows you to use the hone for VOIP as well.