The 'I got my Vario III' thread

Guest rickyburke

Guest jpwjpw
Seriously? How did you do that?

I just asked and she confered with her manager and offered me that! Maybe the other people with phones in the office haven't upgraded recently ;)

Fair use is 1GB a day I think. I've gone over that rarely and they haven't said anything

If you want to use it as a modem you would need to have W&W Plus. That's an extra £5 and allows the phone to be connected to a laptop. The next step up from that is W&W Max which allows you to use the hone for VOIP as well.

Thanks guys.

Edited by AdieB

Guest dead_beat

I bloomin love this phone! The HSDPA is fast as hell! I live in the sticks so it's hard to get 3g reception but luckily i can get it in my bedroom so i was doing a little speed comparison and i was blown away! If only t-mob didn't have a cap on downloads :wub:

At the mo i'm connecting via wi-fi downloading some movies... and yes... there are torrent apps available for WM6 ;) lol

Guest Mr.Clark
I'm a pretty light user, so only want Flext 20 with W'n'W. They want £200 for the phone on this contract (which isn't going to happen).

Just wondered if any other new T-Mobile customers had been offered a better price on the same contract.

I phoned up a few days ago and got offered Flext 20 + WnW for £169.99 (18 month contract)

To be fair, for the monthly spend, I thought that was quite reasonable. I didn't go for it yet, as I'm still torn as to whether or not I actually need the Kaiser... the only thing it has that my Universal doesn't is GPS... I'm geeky enough to want it, but too tight to pay for it... ;)

Guest Phil Lee
To be fair, for the monthly spend, I thought that was quite reasonable. I didn't go for it yet, as I'm still torn as to whether or not I actually need the Kaiser... the only thing it has that my Universal doesn't is GPS... I'm geeky enough to want it, but too tight to pay for it... ;)

But the Kaiser is so small compared with the Universal. Go on, you know you want it :wub: Seriously I have definitely noticed the change in thickness between my old Vario and my new Vario III. It feels a lot smaller in the pocket even though it is only 5mm thinner. As far as I can see the only real differences between the Kaiser and Universal is the size and the QVGA display and GPS on the Kaiser.

Guest Mr.Clark

Plus I'd have to buy a micro-SD card to replace my lovely 4GB SD card I have in the Universal... and then all my headphones wouldn't work... it's not as easy a decision as it was at the beginning of September (when I'd have killed someone for a Kaiser).

Now that the Universal has *cough* Windows Mobile 6 on it, it's only the GPS that does it for me. I've been happy enough lugging it around for the last 18 months, I'm used to the size of it by now. Also, the fact that O2 replaced my faulty one with a shiny new one about 6 weeks before end of contract means that there's no wear and tear or anything on it.

Ho hum, decisions decisions...

Guest chilledatthebottom
O2 replaced my faulty one with a shiny new one about 6 weeks before end of contract means that there's no wear and tear or anything on it.

....which means it is absolutely IDEAL to flog on eBay ;) Standard trick I think on contract phones with insurance... "Lose" the handset shortly before the contract expires, get said shiny new replacement, upgrade to another handset anyways on contract renewal, flog off "old" phone...Moolah in your pocket :wub:

Guest predo1

gooooooooooooooooootttttttttt iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttt ;))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

oohhh and ahhhh its the only words i can say right now! its so good!

I can totally recommend POWERUPMOBILE - they have them in stock and at competitive prices! Great service there guys!

I already have some questions though.

1. Is W&W configured out of the box? I have already browsed internet etc and now thinking if it goes through w&w or normal gprs connection?

2. Are you guys using this antivirus software? is it any good/ necessary?

3. is backlight set automatically? When i set it to maximum and use camera it sets itself back to halfway on the slider... is there any control panel for dimming settings?

Edited by predo1

Guest appy11
gooooooooooooooooootttttttttt iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttt ;) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

It's here for Vodafone now!!! Yahooooo!!!! FINALLY! Vodafone called me about 20 minutes ago and I've placed my order. Got it for £20 too. 18 month contract though, which they said is standard and cannot have it for 12 month.

It's arriving tomorrow morning. Will let you know!

Appy

Just called for the 6th time. They're not budging on £100. Think I'll stop calling and wait for it to arrive in the shops

Hi guys could someone do me a huge favour and check to see if these are network locked, been offered one on an old Voda tariff £35 pm 12 month deal phone free. Problem is that I am on orange and really wanna put my orange sim in, I really don't wanna wait till orange get them.

If not how easy are they to unlock

Got my Vario today free on Flex30 + WnW 18 mon,

did T-Mobile magazine thing in shop on Oxford Street, London (they got vario 3 in stock).

After long conversation sales guy and his manager, he told me i can get it free.

Booo hoho, super happy! ;)

Guest guest7789

It was in stock in t mobile store in Manchester today, although only had 2 left and apparently there is a waiting list ;) . Deal was free on flext 35 + wnw for £37.50, but you had to take out insurance (but can cancel that at any time).

I'm waiting for a month or 2 until a new rom is released to fix a few of the bugs out there.

Guest johnyob

I went in to my local T-Mobile store earlier today and picked up the October magazine.

When I got home I phoned T-Mobile to ask when I could expect the phone to be in the stores. The lady said she wasn't sure, but she said that she had some in stock. I toldn't her I wasn't interested as I would be able to get it free in store if I waited i.e. as per the deal the magazine.

She offerred to match the same deal. And I didn't have to take out insurance. I'll be on the flext 35 + wnw tariff - £37.50 per month for 18 months.

She confirmed they are using various couriers due to The Royal Mail strike. I'm expecting the phone tomorrow. Having been on Three for the last three years, it's good to have such good service.

Great website by the way.

Guest stephenballantyne

Yay, I'm in the club!

Got through to a lovely guy at T-Mobile today (Alan). He quoted me £169.99 on Flext 20 W'n'W. I said that it was a shame that it was so expensive because I had my PAC code and was all ready to switch to T-Mobile.

He promptly offered me £40 credit and a further £20 if I used the refer a friend thingy (which I did - thanks Mum).

Total cost of phone = £109.99 on a £22.50 contract.

Happy? Just a little. Fingers crossed that they send it by Lynx (rather than Royal Mail).

I just gave T-Mobile a call in the interest of good journalism and because I'd do anything to claw the £140 I spent on the Vario 3 (even though it's a fantastic phone and worth every penny) back from them.

The verdict is that on Flext30 with WnW it would be £169.99 and not, in fact, free.

I, of course, haven't actually picked up and verified the October 2007 magazine, but I'll be hitting the T-Mobile store tomorrow to check it out.

Guest DJ_Enigma

My letter worked. They have credited my account with the amount I paid for the phone. ;)

That's a nice result :wub:

Still one thing I'm annoyed about now though :D

I got home from holiday today and went to the post office to pick up my phone. Got it home, opened the bag it was in, and the T-Mobile box is battered to **** :D Nothing inside is damaged other than the spine of the manual (which must of taken some force cause it a chunky mofo), BUT I don't intend to keep this mobile FOREVER, and the fact that the box is battered will make it much less appealing to any buyers :D

Tempted to complain about this too tbh. Might just ask them to send me an empty box so when I sell it on I can still sell it boxed. Really don't want to have to return my phone, especially as I'd have to pay postage not to mention be phoneless lol.

tum ti tum...

DJ

My letter worked. They have credited my account with the amount I paid for the phone. ;)

All right from some. Fancy sending me the photographic evidence you provided (or a new photo) just in case I can't get a copy of the mag tomorrow?

Wow, awesome. What did you send and to what email address? Wouldn't mind giving that a go myself.

Guest DJ_Enigma

This is what I wrote. And with it I enclosed 3 photo's of the magazine.

The email address for customer services (which was quite difficult to get hold of) is [email protected]

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am upset to have to be writing to you with regard to the T-Mobile phone order I completed yesterday morning with yourselves.

I bought a T-Mobile Vario III on Flext35 with a £180 allowance for18 Months with Web’N’Walk and Free weekend calls. I was charged £70 for my phone on top of my monthly charge of £37.50.

I was quite happy with my purchase until reading the October 07 edition of T-Mobile's instore "Your Guide" Magazine which I have in front of me. On page 19 of the magazine it clearly states in red lettering that the T-Mobile Vario III is FREE on Flext30 with Web‘N’Walk.

Obviously you can understand my frustration on realising that I have been charged over £70 for a phone that should have been free. I have enclosed photos of this publication as proof of this information as when I phoned customer services, much to my disgust, they near enough called me a liar and said that it is not free on Flext30 and they denied all knowledge of any magazine.

I have been on the phone for two hours this morning to T-Mobile trying to arrange to get my £70 refunded and they have been extremely unhelpful in fact almost verging on rude. I have spoken to six or seven separate people and they have all told me different things or transferred me to someone else or simply told me I’m incorrect despite having the hard evidence in front of me. I was then told they would cancel my contract and send me some packaging to return the phone! This is NOT what I was asking for at all and I do not wish to cancel my contract.

Much to my confusion I was told that IF I cancel my original order that I could order in store to get the price in the magazine that they deny exists, BUT the offer I got for free weekends ran out on the day I ordered it so they are saying I will lose my free weekends if I change now. This is obviously not what I want to do, the free weekends was a huge factor in my decision to make the move from my long term network to T-Mobile, but I do not want to have to pay more for a phone that should be free and I highly object to false advertising and even more to the insinuation that I am a liar by T-Mobile employees.

I have attached to this email 3 files, one is a photo of pages 18 and 19 of the magazine, one is the front cover, and the 3rd is a zoomed in photo of the information about the Vario III. For your reference the code on the front cover is MC/2259/0907.

When I signed up for the contract yesterday I had a very high opinion of T-Mobile. All of my friends were raving about how good the level of service was and how helpful customer relations can be with T-Mobile.

I have been with Vodafone for over 10 years paying substantially less and never planned to leave, but I was persuaded by the glowing reviews I was given of T-Mobile, coupled with the attractive tariffs on offer. I decided to make the move from Vodafone to T-Mobile yesterday and as you can imagine I am now sadly wondering if this was such a wise decision. My first experience with T-Mobile has certainly not created a good impression with me and I am hoping this letter may help to improve that impression dependant on your response.

I hope to hear from you soon with regards to this matter, I am aware that I only have a limited time to completely cancel my contract. This is not something I wish to do, I wish to have this matter resolved and to continue with my agreed contract for the duration of my agreement, obviously longer depending on the service I receive from yourselves in future.

Feel free to reply by email, from my point of view I feel it may be useful to have any response in writing which I’m sure you will understand. Alternatively if a phone call is easier for yourselves please feel free to call my Vodafone mobile which I am still using until the end of this week, I have not opened my new phone yet and do not intend to until this matter is resolved to my satisfaction so obviously cannot receive calls on the new number.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this letter and apologies for the lengthy read.

Best Regards,

If you are going to write to T-Mobile on this email address PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY LETTER I do not wish to have my T-Mobile service or account jeopardised in ANY way. I don't imagine they would be very happy with me for telling people how to get their phone free. But at the same time I don't see why people shouldn't get it for the price they published in their mag.

I have not posted the photo's I took of the magazine here and won't take any more photos to post. I let my son play with the magazine whilst we were at Pizza Hut and I'm sure it wouldn't take a genius to work out that they were photos of the exact same magazine if I took more to help people out.

Hope you understand where I'm coming from on this. Feel free to write you own letter explaining how you found the phone cheaper in the magazine and don't want to wait till they have stock to get it free. Just PLEASE don't go copying my letter.

Cheers all,

DJ

Edited by DJ_Enigma

Guest ketanc

Great job DJ,

I'm going to try that as I've no desire to go through the returns and re-order nonsense they suggested to me. I already have the phone, just want to open it.

Don't worry i'll be using my own words not cut and paste.

once again well done & thanks for the info.

ketanc