The 'I got my Vario III' thread

Guest rickyburke

Are you hitting fucntion and then caps? As that is caps lock.

Nah, I've mostly noticed it when I press Fn+Q for the @ symbol but it also happens when I press Fn+W for the ! symbol. Not tried all the combinations of Fn+ keys but if I press Fn+Tab to get the symbol selection screen it's fine. Most odd....

Guest Stabilo

I apologise in advance if this is not strictly the best thread to post in but I have searched for the answer.

I have a T-Mobile Vario III and an Orange TyTn II arriving on Tuesday (yes I love these devices).

Can I (officially or otherwise) use the devices with my laptop and wen n' walk?

Is there a thread that I have missed that indicates how I do it?

An article in the News of the World today states T-Mobile are introducing a £20 per month unlimited laptop tariff from next month but I would like to use my existing account (and equipment) if possible.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Paul

Guest varioIII-lover

OMFG! my vario 3 was a slow sluggishly painful device then i installed kaiser tweak. i didn't do all the tweaks, but i did the data throughput and the file cache tweaks.

OMG ..

it's sooo fast i am sitting here for like ten minutes with the novelty of clicking loads of things and pressing the green phone button and instead of it taking ten years to go to the phone it's fast and responsive !!!

now why the hell did htc/t mob release these phones without these caches enabled because now the phone is working as it should. so if you have ne probs with your phone i suggest either paul's tweak cab or kaiser tweak!

v3-L ;)

Guest varioIII-lover

i can't stress this enough, if you're lumbering along with a slow kaiser you have to do these tweaks .. i am still in shock. now my vario3 is working how i always thought it should ..

v3-L

PS now if only my hammer drill would get through this concrete so i can put this mirror up sometime today ..

:S

Guest andybarker
I apologise in advance if this is not strictly the best thread to post in but I have searched for the answer.

I have a T-Mobile Vario III and an Orange TyTn II arriving on Tuesday (yes I love these devices).

Can I (officially or otherwise) use the devices with my laptop and wen n' walk?

Is there a thread that I have missed that indicates how I do it?

An article in the News of the World today states T-Mobile are introducing a £20 per month unlimited laptop tariff from next month but I would like to use my existing account (and equipment) if possible.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Paul

There are plenty of posts in threads with information about this, but in summary you shouldn't use your PDA as a modem for your laptop on the standard WnW, but plenty of people do and have had no problems. Most likely thing they will do if they catch you is to ask you to stop doing it before getting nasty.

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/uk/fairuse/

Guest jimbouk

Avoid file sharing, downloading music etc and you should be fine.

if your laptop is BT enabled, just use Internet connection sharing on your device and connect to the BT PAN on the laptop...