The 'I got my Vario III' thread

Guest rickyburke

Wow, thank god it's not got the pink text everywhere! Honestly, what were they thinking with those aweful themes? Can you confirm if it has the T-Mobile branding at all in the ROM (Start up/Shut down screens, ring tone, extra crappy applications etc)

Guest blackice-original
Wow, thank god it's not got the pink text everywhere! Honestly, what were they thinking with those aweful themes? Can you confirm if it has the T-Mobile branding at all in the ROM (Start up/Shut down screens, ring tone, extra crappy applications etc)

Only saw the t-mobile logo when the phone turns on and apart from a few t-mobile icons on the launcher screen its pretty generic

here is a pic as requested

Looks good. I actually prefer the look of the flatter, squarer buttons, I'll probably be the only one not to think t-mobile have 'uglified' it.

Guest blackice-original
Another image courtesy of www.msmobiles.com t-mobile-mda-vario-iii-mini.jpg (http://msmobiles.com/news.php/6738.html).

Blackice: What're your initial thoughts on the device? If you have HSDPA enabled on your account, would you mind running a speed test to see what kind of datarates I can expect on T-Mobile with the phone.

Cheers!

I'm at work at the moment so i'll have to do the test when i get home. It's my first WM mobile but so far i'm quite impressed with. It feels lighter than i expected it to be

Guest scouser75

What! None of you are put off by the BIG "T-Mobile" logo and writing??? The Pink???

If only they'd done what they'd done with the N95 - a small TMobile logo on the battery cover!

here is a pic as requested

Wow - unbranded Today screen and wallpaper! :-o

I hope those lucky owners of VIII - Paul, to be specific :) - will post further details on differences between VIII and TyTN II. It may sound a bit awkward, but I actually like T-Mobile's design of Kaiser (please, don't beat me! ;), and I might replace my current TyTN II with VIII when my upgrade offer from T-M will come in (Jan 2008)...

Guest creamhackered

I haven't actually got the phone yet. Just taken pictures of a friends phone at work. It looks good though! Same generic homescreen as HTC. I think I prefer the HTC TyTN II looks though, the colour and buttons etc.

Guest funkychicken9000

Another phonecall, another offer. Again they wanted £180 for an upgrade on my flext 25 with 25% discount, then he suddenly said that if I agreed to the new flext plan which charges 12p/min for voicemail he'd let me have it for £100. woohoo, it arrives tomorrow

Guest PenFold101

Just thought i'd add my experience here:

Just got off the phone to 150 (12:10)

I had the tmob 25% discount on my flext35. They agreed to add my WNW into this discount so I pay £31 a month for flext35 + WNW. They've sent me out a vario 3 by special delivery that will be here friday morning. I have to pay a £100 upgrade fee on my next bill tho (26th oct).

Guest blackice-original
Another phonecall, another offer. Again they wanted £180 for an upgrade on my flext 25 with 25% discount, then he suddenly said that if I agreed to the new flext plan which charges 12p/min for voicemail he'd let me have it for £100. woohoo, it arrives tomorrow

Don't rule out calling resellers as well like carphonewarehouse because sometimes they provide an extra discount. Plus if you can't get a good price from a tmob rep call back another time.

The person i spoke to last night knocked £50 of the price so i got the phone for £50 on flext 25 w'n'w with a 12 month contract

Funkychicken

So have you kept your 25% discount for sure?

I had to lose my 25% discount on flext 25 + wnw in favour of £5 per month off.

Only works out at 10p per day different but was pretty cheesed off to lose my discount

cheers

pjam

Edited by pjam001

Forgot to mention my deal, managed to get the phone for £80 (plus £5.99 for delivery) on a Flext 35 and got to keep my 50% off advantage plan discount! Even got them to integrate w+w into my discount rather than having to pay the full £7.50 for it! ;)

Guest Paul (MVP)

Tony, I had 8 days left, and it seemed to be at their managers discretion, who approved it.

Tell them that Voda will do it for you now perhaps? ;)

P

T-Mobile flatly refused to offer me the upgrade even that I have 2 weeks left till the contract's up (not 2 months as I thought!)

Going to try again this afternoon...

Guest Paul (MVP)

For those connecting on a new connection, you can get a 20 quid credit on your account if you're introduced by a friend, your friend gets 20 quid on their account too if you quote their name and postcode.

I'm your friend, 'Paul O'Brien @ NR15 2BP'. ;)

You can get this if you call them back having just connected too.

This only applies to new connections and not upgrades - kudos to Craig for pointing this out!

P

Potentially a noobish question but, does the device come bundled with an MSN Messenger app? If not, is there a free app available for it?

Not sure if MSN (or more likely Windows Live messenger) is still on the phone, but if not you could always give Palringo a go. People might have missed it in the kaiser package prize fervour but it can connect to the MSN network amongst others.

For those connecting on a new connection, you can get a 20 quid credit on your account if you're introduced by a friend, your friend gets 20 quid on their account too if you quote their name and postcode.

I'm your friend, 'Paul O'Brien @ NR15 2BP'. ;)

You can get this if you call them back having just connected too.

This only applies to new connections and not upgrades - kudos to Craig for pointing this out!

P

good call Paul! I'l let em know tomorrow/fri when it here!